• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Double invis (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for a way to do double invis. Any help is appreciated.
This will depend on the classes in your group but you need a hotkey to have a toon cast invis, then invisundead right after.

Wiz/Enc use /alt act 1210 and sk uses /alt act 1212 so a hotkey from a SK as driver might look like

/dex wizorenc /alt act 1210
/alt act 1212

The easiest way is to create a macro that makes 2 of your toons cast the appropriate invis. I use the following on my tank which includes a status check to make sure the double invis takes.

1705754175760.png

I'll comment, that for whatever reason I have had to swap who casts what. Like one group with cleric and chanter the cleric might have to be the first /dex line casting ivu. If I do a shaman and necro the shaman might have to be the first line casting invis. If I swap to necro being first line casting ivu it won't double invis the necro. Why this happens I have no idea, but be aware if you are having issues with a casting character not getting double invis try swapping the order in the macro that they are casting in.

This is with no /pauses, and the casters not being the driver so both are operating on /dex.

IVU needs to be cast first, because it actually has a cast time. While it is being cast, invis instant cast before IVU is done casting. Exactly simultaneous cast time also works, which is why telling the invis caster and IVU caster in the 'wrong' order can still work.

If it's not landing right, just tweak your pause timing until you get it right. A pause of 2 to 3 after the IVU works best for me, but keep in mind that lag/ping time is a factor.

IVU needs to be cast first, because it actually has a cast time. While it is being cast, invis instant cast before IVU is done casting. Exactly simultaneous cast time also works, which is why telling the invis caster and IVU caster in the 'wrong' order can still work.

If it's not landing right, just tweak your pause timing until you get it right. A pause of 2 to 3 after the IVU works best for me, but keep in mind that lag/ping time is a factor.

Double invis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back