• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - *Don't Patch EQ* Friday June 21 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
28,640¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Friday June 21st 2019 they did an unannounced .exe patch

If you update you won't be able to use MQ2 until mq2 is re-patched, but the game and mq2 functions correctly without patching everquest

Attached is a .7z compressed file of the eqgame if you did accidentally patch (thanks @Diebold666)

You will need to download this file, unzip it and then place it in your Everquest folder to re-write over the new eqgame.exe

When you launch everquest you will want to launch without using the launchpad otherwise you will patch again

Here is the eqresource guide on bypassing the launchpad

Getting a few PMs for help.
Hopefully this helps - if not msg me I will help you get back in game - I will be around for many hours from now. Msg me on discord if I don't respond on forums

Roll Back Eqgame.exe
1. Be logged out of everquest completely
2. Download that eqgame.7z file (also added just the plain .exe which I'm surprised the boards let me do lol)
3. Unzip that eqgame file
4. drag that new eqgame file into your everquest directory
5. when asked if you want to overwrite the file - select yes
6. launch the game by bypassing the launchpad -

Instructions for EASY bypassing the launcher
1. First browse to your EverQuest directory.
2. Right click "eqgame.exe".
3. Create a shortcut of "eqgame.exe"
4. send it to your Desktop (you can drag it)
5. The icon will be named "Shortcut to eqgame". Rename your shortcut to EverQuest or if you want something more specific:
6. Right click shortcut, and select "Properties"
7. In the properties window, you should be on the Shortcut tab. In the target field you should see the path that leads to your eqgame.exe within quotations. Click on this field and add the following text after patchme
8. Click Apply, click OK.

As an example, your target field text should now resemble something like this:
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Many folks's will be:
C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest patchme

The Image Below has E: drive listed because my Everquest is on my E:drive --- you will want whatever location your everquest is at
1561177358378-png.17157

If you need help finding the location do this:

1. go into your everquest folder manually
1561206114060.png
2. to right right of where it says "EverQuest" left click --- it will highlight the directory location
1561206148901.png
3. Press Control-C to copy this directory location
4. go back to your Shortcut and Control-V that to paste in there --- then add the patchme afterwards
*** E:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme*** is what mine looks like

Now the icon on your desktop will just launch the game and bypass the launchpad (so it won't try and patch)

Attachments

• eqgame.7z
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
  • eqgame.exe
    9.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Updated original post since I've been getting a few PMs - Added a step by step.

Msg me / discord me if you need help

Attachments

• 1561177358378.png
    1561177358378.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 429
When will the repatch be updated any idea?
Not sure - Eqmule has to update it and then it gets sent to Redbot to update for VeryVanilla - which is why I made this post - since we can still play doing this above ^

Bumping this thread again as we are getting several new posts asking about the same thing - I'm going to remove those posts so we don't get confusion for folks trying to find this thread

its not the same - frequently when they change the game.exe it will require you to patch before you can launch =p
Ok thanks, that makes sense of what happened. I couldn't launch from MQ2 this morning, EQ just hung and said it couldn't connect to the login server. So I patched, and then the game was out of sync.

updated with some instructions on finding your everquest directory for purposes of making your shortcut

Gonna lock up this thread so no one gets confused

Mr. Redbot is pushing live now

Patch - *Don't Patch EQ* Friday June 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back