• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Does Voice of Thule stack with Anger V? (1 Viewer)

One is a buff and one is a worn effect? They should stack. If that's some kind of clicky "anger" then it would have to go to song window to stack with the regular buff.

I'm not sure how to test it though. You'd have to have two similar tanks in the group/raid and let one have the buff/equip, turn off "taunt" and see which pulls aggro more often I guess.

One is a buff and one is a worn effect? They should stack. If that's some kind of clicky "anger" then it would have to go to song window to stack with the regular buff.

I'm not sure how to test it though. You'd have to have two similar tanks in the group/raid and let one have the buff/equip, turn off "taunt" and see which pulls aggro more often I guess.

Nope they dont stack.. They are permanent effects (voice of thule while the buff is up), but if you have a mask on that is Anger V (or 25% hate) then there is no need to cast Voice of thule buff..

its only needed to cast if you dont have a raid mask.. i think all the group masks are 22% hate, most raid are 25%, and i believe there is a TBM era anniv raid one that is 26% or 30% - the ONLY one i've ever seen..

Echo of anger V and Voice of thule III(AA) does not stack.

But i have a questions

Echo of anger V
Game Description: Increases the anger caused by your attacks by 25%.

and

Voice of Thule III
Game Description: Increases the amount of hatred your actions generate by 25%.

now i cant help thinker that actions are more than attacks? but again it might just be fluff text, any thoughts?

But i have a questions

Echo of anger V

and

Voice of Thule III

now i cant help thinker that actions are more than attacks? but again it might just be fluff text, any thoughts?

It is hard to say as there is no way to measure your aggro generated via any hard stat number or percentage.

But i have a questions

Echo of anger V

and

Voice of Thule III

yeah i think that is just wording.. On my SK, i dont really notice anger jumping any "more" than normal if i cast spells on mobs.. but yeah not easy to measure..

suffice to say, i know when i finally got a raid mask on my sk, and i took voice of thule out of my buff line, I never noticed any drop in my ability to hold aggro..

also, if you look at lucy at any given tank mask, look at the stacking section..

Voice of Thule III is listed in with the Echo of Anger V etc.. so definitely no stacking the spell/AA with the worn focus effect of the hate mask..

not true for the mask hambam, this is atleast the consensus of the sk forums, that the mask is better than the spell, and raid mask better than t he aa

not true for the mask hambam, this is atleast the consensus of the sk forums, that the mask is better than the spell, and raid mask better than t he aa

also the spell/aa is a pain in the ass, as its not a long duration buff.. i was pleased as hell when i was able to remove it from my buffcycle and don the 25% mask..

yeah, i am considering removing it on my sk, when he ma, so he dont ever have to cast it on himself those 3% between a 22% mask and 25% buff i can live without

We can't get hard numbers to compare, but you can create essentially identical situations to check how the aggro compares.

Zone in fresh to zone A, have a war with blast of anger a mob(not undead/animal) after pulling with proximity aggro. Use sk 1(mask only) to cast jolt spells until aggro flips with a set distance between the 3 entities.... Make note of how many casts.

Repeat after zoning out and back /camping with voice of Thule on also.

There is a big enough percentage that there should be a difference in casts. Alternatively you could use two sk and time chain castafter the war used a blast of anger and see who gets it first

Also, this would of been done in the past... Could also just set out to find that :-P

The consensus from years ago on evilgamer/the steel warrior was that they stacked.

i stand corrected, but we could easily test it, 2 naked sks, with our lowest level terror spell, terrors a mob 10 times, then 2nd sk puts on mask and terrors the mob he should get aggro at under 10 casts, about 8th cast

now kill mob and repeat, but this time 2nd sk puts on mask and vot, he should get aggro in about 6th casts

Question - Does Voice of Thule stack with Anger V?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back