• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Do other members in your group system cross traffic with yours? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
I was grouping with a fellow MQr a few days ago and while i was the leader i had myself as main tank and master looter. Somehow the autoloot that my friend has set up had overridden me as group leader. we are not on the same network.

I was grouping with a fellow MQr a few days ago and while i was the leader i had myself as main tank and master looter. Somehow the autoloot that my friend has set up had overridden me as group leader. we are not on the same network.
RedGuides MacroQuest, or MQ2 from elsewhere? Both of you using the same or different and current or old versions?

May I ask what the big deal was over who looted the mobs as long as you split the loot after? This seems a bit petty. I can guarantee my guild wasn't involved. We didn't supply the Ninja Looter. I thought this was a serious issue when I opened it.

Guessing this is Self Compile? Live, EMU? You said MQ2, just to be clear, thats ancient here, and not supported. Current is just called MQ, which is not the same as MQ2 other places use nor what RG used to use.

May I ask what the big deal was over who looted the mobs as long as you split the loot after? This seems a bit petty. I can guarantee my guild wasn't involved. We didn't supply the Ninja Looter. I thought this was a serious issue when I opened it.
It's not petty to want to understand what's going on. People should ask questions when they see behavior that they don't understand.

this isn't a moral issue or a petty thing in the least. i was just genuinely confused as to how it was happening. There are lots of things i dont understand about MQ2 and i am attempting to remedy that.

Guessing this is Self Compile? Live, EMU? You said MQ2, just to be clear, thats ancient here, and not supported. Current is just called MQ, which is not the same as MQ2 other places use nor what RG used to use.
Live. MQ2. despite my initial post wording it occurred a few months ago. at the time i am fairly sure we were both using the same program provided by RG with the same plugins.

When you setup EQBC it creates a server to allow each client that connects to it a pathway to communicate. If you send commands to a client that isn't connected to this server, it won't receive it. In order for your previous group member to have control over your clients, changing settings and such .. you would know know it was possible because of the setup required to make it happen.

DanNet is another option for clients to communicate. When each client has the plugin loaded, it creates a peer to peer network, which is serverless. It just works, but only within your network. The likely culprit is a P.I.C.N.I.C error. Problem In Chair Not In Computer. :&)

Question - Do other members in your group system cross traffic with yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back