• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Do High level Pets Use Cleave/Ferocity Item? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
360¢
Hey guys, if I give my level 120 pets cleave/ferocity (arms/legs) attunable gear, will the pets use the cleave/ferocity? I know they will benefit from the stats, but I am specifically wondering if they will get the critical hit and double/triple attack benefit from the cleave/ferocity.

Thanks!

I have had raid mages request I make them warrior Conflagrant gear for that reason but I don’t have any direct proof that it makes a difference.

I ran a pet parse back in the day with player made Dimensional warrior BP,arms,legs i also put on conflag back and shoulders
It made a pretty big difference - that was a few years ago - you would have to test that out again -
The mage pets are so good right now i havent even bothered with extra gear

on a side note i take all the T1 rog weapons and stick them on the water pets

#weekend project

Last edited:
I have noticed that the people who give all 16 player made gear items to their pets tend to not have to recast the pet very often. One of the BL in my guild won't even take Mage summoned gear from me because he professes that his player made gear is WAY WAY better and makes his pet more survivable. I can't speak specifically about cleave but that's what I've been told.

I ran parses on my Enchanters level 116 pet using Enchanter buffs and rolled in the CotF player made belt and pants (Cleave and Ferocity). I don't have the spreadsheet I did on hand but it added about 35% damage vs not having those equipped.

Going with a full group (SK, ENC, DRU, BST, RNG, CLR) burn on Shei the pet went from about 61k dps to 100k dps. (obviously much higher % gain, but includes full group buffs etc. which I haven't gone mad scientist mode to figure out how they all interact)

I can't speak on survivability as I don't gear my pet for that.

Seriously... I learned something...can't wait to try this out. Found a new purpose for all the tradeskill torture.. :P
There are other options for TS gear but the CotF pants and belt are a very easy 1 step combine with items that you can get easily from Overseer (or the bank if you are a hoarder). I have a FTP alt in my GH I loaded with 100 belts and 100 pants to hand out as needed. It took maybe 10 minutes total.

I'm assuming you could go right up to Threaded Velium gear but the combines are a PITA. I might try it sometime to see if it is worth it.

There are other options for TS gear but the CotF pants and belt are a very easy 1 step combine with items that you can get easily from Overseer (or the bank if you are a hoarder). I have a FTP alt in my GH I loaded with 100 belts and 100 pants to hand out as needed. It took maybe 10 minutes total.

I'm assuming you could go right up to Threaded Velium gear but the combines are a PITA. I might try it sometime to see if it is worth it.
I am lost tying to find which "COTF player made gear" you are referring since I can't find any with 1 step combines - dimensional, Chronomage Set etc? Thank you in advance :)

So out of curiosity I ran my 115 mage (Silver) to GH and had his Air pet on a 105 test dummy. I am only using our VV ADPS window.

Fresh pet with only mag buffs (I use MQ2 Mage), no Summoned weapons was 1.27 Mil Dmg (50 sec)
Same pet with the mag summoned weapons (both hands) was 1.67 Mil Dmg (50 Sec)
Fresh Pet with same mag only buffs, equipping only 1 Ice Fiend Blade (its all I had to test it out) was 1.61 Mil Dmg (50 Sec)
Same Pet equipping 2 Ice Fiend Blade, was 1.796 Mil Dmg (50 Sec)
Same Pet Equipped with set of Deceiver Conflag gear was 1.951 Mil Dmg (50 Sec)
Same Pet with 115 Enc Haste was 2.065 Mil Dmg (50 Sec)

Can't wait to try this on mobs and see what happens. I'm not good at parsing stuff and I don't have that better tool some people use. Forgot the name.

I have noticed that the people who give all 16 player made gear items to their pets tend to not have to recast the pet very often. One of the BL in my guild won't even take Mage summoned gear from me because he professes that his player made gear is WAY WAY better and makes his pet more survivable. I can't speak specifically about cleave but that's what I've been told.
Aren't you not supposed to mess with one of the slots though (back?) because that's where the devs put all the EM stats? I thought I read that and filed it away for when I get more into pet classes.

I have also heard using player-made (typically conflagrant I think) stuff is the method of choice these days vs getting mage summoned stuff.

Aren't you not supposed to mess with one of the slots though (back?) because that's where the devs put all the EM stats? I thought I read that and filed it away for when I get more into pet classes.

I have also heard using player-made (typically conflagrant I think) stuff is the method of choice these days vs getting mage summoned stuff.
I read about the back slot here on our site. I upgraded my mage pet last night and ran him in CoV, his DPS now is my top group member. Even beating a similar (silver same level) Zerker running MQ2BerZerker.
He went from third best in group to way above the zerker in second place. Now I am wondering if I don't have my zerker equipped as well. I thought Mag can sometimes beat the zerker, but zerkers should normally be top DPS. Mage is normally getting top now.

I read about the back slot here on our site. I upgraded my mage pet last night and ran him in CoV, his DPS now is my top group member. Even beating a similar (silver same level) Zerker running MQ2BerZerker.
He went from third best in group to way above the zerker in second place. Now I am wondering if I don't have my zerker equipped as well. I thought Mag can sometimes beat the zerker, but zerkers should normally be top DPS. Mage is normally getting top now.
melee toons *require* hdex to perform well, so if it is silver the best you can do is get the tbm 32 hdex augs for your type 5s, which leaves significant damage on the table

melee toons *require* hdex to perform well, so if it is silver theThanks ma best you can do is get the tbm 32 hdex augs for your type 5s, which leaves significant damage on the table
Thanks man, I have 5 TBM ones only, so lots of upgrade slots to fill. I just upgraded most of his snowsquall armor to waxing, which will max that as I only have 1 copy of ToL. Love my mage, but Id like my zerk to be dps group king. :toot:

Thanks man, I have 5 TBM ones only, so lots of upgrade slots to fill. I just upgraded most of his snowsquall armor to waxing, which will max that as I only have 1 copy of ToL. Love my mage, but Id like my zerk to be dps group king. :toot:
Yea...so if you equip your mage well...it'll leave you zerk in the dust in medium and sustained duration fights...I've been parsing mine now for a bit...in FTP mode with full augs, the 115 mage eats the zerker alive in 60% of encounters. If you layer in the Lua run mm...you'll stick w/ mages. Also...little more stealth to play with pets than a melee circling around perfectly mobs out in the wild...

I was camping some type 18's in Mearatas center camp yesterday and decided to run some parses. Group was Enchanter, Druid, Cleric, Tank Merc, Rogue Merc x 1 (6th slot open for experience leacher)

This was using my KA inis so the pet would have typical group buffs in each scenario. First number is total damage and second is DPS. I only kept the first number to give a sense of how long I ran each parse.

Enchanter Pet No Gear and No Weapons:
1664360907557.png
Enchanter Pet Summoned Weapons but No Gear:
1664360940394.png (~23% increase in DPS over base case)
Enchanter Pet Summoned Weapons, Dimensional Warrior Belt, Ethernere Traveler Pants:
1664361000828.png(~69% increase in DPS over base case, ~37% increase in DPS over Summoned Weapons Only)

Strategy - Do High level Pets Use Cleave/Ferocity Item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back