• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Detecting disconnects/auto reconnect (1 Viewer)

qarapace

RedCents
43¢
Is there a plugin that will detect server disconnects and possibly auto-reconnect? I get periodic disconnects and haven't yet figured out the cause. In the meantime I'd like to stay online as much as possible, so auto-reconnecting would be super.

My current plan is to use EQBC disconnection announcements to trigger something, but I haven't done much research on this yet.

I think qarapace means if he disconnects from game - like a CTD - and another toon saw the toon disconnected from eqbc server - if there's a way he could auto relaunch that toon

That's it exactly. When my connection drops, I lose all connectivity, so I do see the EQBC disconnect. I'd like to detect that in some way, and kill/relaunch all eq processes (usually just one, say a trader or a toon in a PL camp or something). I was hoping there might be an MQ2 hook for disconnecting/deinitializing so I could write a plugin for this, but thought I'd check here with the MQ2 gods first.

Question - Detecting disconnects/auto reconnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back