• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Designer Characters? Who does it? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,350¢
I was wondering, how many people go through the trouble of color coordinating (Dyes), and otherwise dressing up toons in Hero's Forge and Weapon Ornaments? I can't help it with many of my characters. I just like to make them look cool :shrug: :xd:

MrBean_Suit.gif

Back when I first started I used dye and made my ranger a pretty purple. I hated it after a while but there is not really a way to return to base tint, you can return to base color but the tint will always be slightly off.

I really regretted it when I saw how just the normal armor actually changes the look - ie defiant looks/colors different than fear touched etc. I will never dye any of my characters again. It's pretty cool to see what the base line armor, like robes, change.

Then I discovered Hero's Forge. I love it and have it spread all over all my mains and alts. With 4 houses full of different ones (chain, leather etc) in case I need to make a set. I have favorite sets like my chanter uses Tidal Force so she is running around in brown with white accented armor and looks like a tracker or an Indian out of Daniel Boone. Its hard to describe. Then my SK actually looks like a black mirror with Ebon Hero's Forge.

So that is pretty much the first thing I buy when marketplace sales happen lol - The Hero's Forge feature.

Not so much weapon ornaments. Those don't really hold interest for me.

I was wondering, how many people go through the trouble of color coordinating (Dyes), and otherwise dressing up toons in Hero's Forge and Weapon Ornaments? I can't help it with many of my characters. I just like to make them look cool :shrug: :xd:

View attachment 51165
@Doc James … right there with ya bud, my clone army must be well dressed and color coordinated

Star Wars Army GIF by Voodoo Ranger

I used dye and made my ranger a pretty purple
back in the day before I even boxed, our guild's ranger class leader was in all green. 3 of us, being the teenage boys we were, decided to all pick a color and dye ourselves into the power rangers to go along with him. That was one of the few times I can remember our normally gruff, military-dude class leader cracking up.

Only mains. The rest are just cannon fodder
This is me too, but I'll take it a step further and say I only do it if I have a cool pun/theme worked into the character's name. Like if I had a character named Aquaman (I don't), you'd best believe he's gonna be in gold and green

back in the day before I even boxed, our guild's ranger class leader was in all green. 3 of us, being the teenage boys we were, decided to all pick a color and dye ourselves into the power rangers to go along with him. That was one of the few times I can remember our normally gruff, military-dude class leader cracking up.

This is me too, but I'll take it a step further and say I only do it if I have a cool pun/theme worked into the character's name. Like if I had a character named Aquaman (I don't), you'd best believe he's gonna be in gold and green
yass, this is hilarious

My 6 main toons looks are custom down to their mounts. They have their special epic retelling ornaments, rare armor ornaments, different races and awesome unique names. All have up to epic 2.5 (no shortcuts!), any old school items that were note worthy back in the day. These guys and gals are like my children and they get the "Treatment". Artisan Prize, 300 trade skills, every evolved gear piece from TBL and up. Rallos raid ears and all. They are better geared than most group players and some raiders. I have been playing for 20+ years and I take pride in these 6 mains.

i like Ebons forge on my SK's witrh the mummy head gear. , my Zerker main and Warrior i dress them in matching sets when i get them, alth the Zerker always wears a Wolf heads hat, both are Barbarians and i dont show the leg armor so it always shows as they are wearing Kilts, after all I am a Scotsman.

I really need to customize my guys more. I have been so focused on the rest of the game since returning I have neglected this aspect. But my crew is now 120, max AA, and ready to look dapper.

I'd like to get my hands on the Ice looking plate for my SK, and maybe the fiery stuff for my rogues

View attachment 51165
I like to use weapons ornaments. Mainly because it confuses people to see a guy in a robe carrying a big ass sword. And because some of the lighting on some of the weapons would literally give me seizures if I see didn't stop it from flashing in front of me when I was running for instance.

Discussion - Designer Characters? Who does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back