• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Defiant Shortage. What do to About it? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
421¢
I am playing on Test with a 6box team almost 30. 2 w/plate 3 w/chain 1 w/leather. People have merchants up in Bazaar but there is very little defiant gear. I logged a character in on the live server I used to play on. I was going to but a bunch but there was a shortage there too. Most my team has just a few pieces of Crude or Simple as well as a couple ornate pieces on my tank. I am not having any survivability issues yet, But I assume I will soon enough as I get higher and still have gray gear on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to gear up when there is no defiant to be bought? Right now Im just praying for drops

I am playing on Test with a 6box team almost 30. 2 w/plate 3 w/chain 1 w/leather. People have merchants up in Bazaar but there is very little defiant gear. I logged a character in on the live server I used to play on. I was going to but a bunch but there was a shortage there too. Most my team has just a few pieces of Crude or Simple as well as a couple ornate pieces on my tank. I am not having any survivability issues yet, But I assume I will soon enough as I get higher and still have gray gear on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to gear up when there is no defiant to be bought? Right now Im just praying for drops

You can do the heroes journey whos rewards are defiant equivalent.

I found when i was leveling my 6box crew on live i out leveled the defiant faster than i could fill it. I don't think it started being a challenge until i got into mid to late 50s but at that time my leveling had naturally slowed anyway so I was able to get more drops. I wouldn't be concerned about crude or simple. It will be a remnant of days long past before you even know it.

Defiant will be your best option for gear into your upper 70s. Doing the Hero's Journey quests will fill in all your non visible (ears, rings, necklace, etc) with comparable gear as well.

*edit - you can also join a guild and many casual guilds likely have a hoard of defiant gear they'd gladly let you have

Are you doing Franklin Teeks daily hot zones every day for each character? They start at level 20

You get 1 of 3 items of armor and you could sell the rest in the baz to help fill that gap for others lol.

Extra can also be sold to NPC's but you won't get much. But the vendors want way more than its worth. As do the baz sellers if you do find any there. I try to keep the prices on my stuff doable for the level. Like I would sell under level 50 for 50plat. Others will ask hundreds and the NPC will want couple thousand but only give you 5 plat.

Personally, I use Allah and look up the zone I am in. Then click the tabs that say "quests" or "quests in" and then look down the rewards and see if there is anything I want to go for.

The problem with defiant is that they are so plentiful that there isn't much of a market to actually put them on your trader and try to sell them in bazaar. Often times you can't even sell them for 1pp so most people just don't even bother going through the effort to bazaar them.

The problem with defiant is that they are so plentiful that there isn't much of a market to actually put them on your trader and try to sell them in bazaar. Often times you can't even sell them for 1pp so most people just don't even bother going through the effort to bazaar them.
A lot depends on server. Some of the level 40 and up stuff goes for couple thousand plat in baz on some servers

Thank you guys for all the feedback.

I have a crew on Test as well as one on Vox. I am actually playing through the content.

On Test I will reach out to Cold as he so graciously offered.
On Vex, I did a Bazaar search for Defiant Cloth for instance and there was only about 20 total items and mostly duplicates.

I don't terribly mind the difficulty. It's what makes a game fun. I do however with that there was a special NPC to trade in Defiant gear for an item of a different type within the same tier. Hand in a Rough Defiant Breastplate and choose from Rough Defiant Robe, Rough Defiant Leather Tunic, or Rough Defiant Chain Tunic

On test there is a vendor named defiantseller that loads up a bunch of defiant gear and relies on donations given to them. There are people who continuously create low level alts and take the defiant quickly when its put out.

Ask in general and people have defiant on copy mules. I do have some defiant gear on copy as well.

Question - Defiant Shortage. What do to About it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back