• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

dain 1 macro (1 Viewer)

rchris494

RedCents
anyone have an dain 1 AFK macro like the queennok.mac ?? if so could they please post it up?

thanks

I've never done a dain 1 or any dains for that matter. Is the AAXP any good or regular XP? I was working on a new lavastorm macro that was almost done and got 85% AA at level 75 but only got 35% at level 57. Probably the new TSS grouping AA calculation?

Anyways, if Dain 1 is good I'd be willing to work on a mac for it except i hear you pick different classes for each character and one is sort of a puller so that might be out of my league.

Dain is good for aa atm at lvl 60+ you can get from 80 to 85% aa for 5-15 in depend on grp. dain have berk, 2 wars, one pally as tanker in dain, 2 cleric one is convic buff other just heal. we just kill 3 captain chief and about 8-10 wolfs then the name. you have to pull the army out and pally can pull the chief. that how it is. if you good you can do it with 3-4 ppl. or full grp faster :)

*Banned for not respecting a redbuddy and leaking private information directly to a GM* - Redbot

Last edited by a moderator:
This is still very good AA exp imo. I do them all the time for a few quick AA's. They don't take too long when you got a few exp peps.

Ok so is this walkthrough correct?

===========================================

Straight forward. Kill the 2 guards, Kill the chief.

This is where problems start, and conflicted information comes into play. General consensus Is absolutely adamant that the proper way to complete this stage, is to have the Warrior of the group, aggro the pile, and then the Dain Peels the Cheiftan off. Once peeled, The Dain holds the Cheif while the Warrior Holds the remainder.

This is ***NOT*** effective. (Keep in mind, It is obviously diffrent in Missions w/ people you know... But if your doing MMs, Normally its random grouping)

What happens in a random group in this method, is that Invariably, the dain Holds aggro, The Warrior Trys to keep aggro, but fails due to the fact clerics pick up aggro due to having 2 chain heals going 1 on dain, one on Warrior. Then the mobs all float around causing chaos. With chaos Unneededly, People die, and In some cases, the mission will fail at this point.

The Most effective, Efficent, and Safest way of doing this, Is Zerker kite.

When ready to pull, The zerker gets hit w/ Conviction, and Heal over time. The zerker pulls the pack, and taunts using AoE aggro. The dain Then Peels the Cheif, and the Zerker Kites the remainder as far away from the group as possible.

(Ususally... this gets goofed up, when a Warrior feels left out and trys to get aggro on one of the scouts, Or One of the clerics trys, for some odd reason, Trys to heal the dying Zerker, picking up aggro back onto the cleric.)

In this stage... It is a given (but if done correctly Not always guaranteed) that the zerker will die. The reason is the scouts will Cast Toxic snare, which doesnt let the zerker get very far, or live long.

However, If the zerker dies or not, It does not matter, Because With both the Warrior, rouge, Dain focused on the Cheif, The cheif goes down usually at the same time as the scouts are just arriving back at the camp to aggro the dain. Once there, its just a simple matter of overwhelming the mob of scouts.

Now... The advantage of this method, is that it puts the fights in a 1 on 5 situation, instead of a 5 on 6 situation. This allows the clerics to keep heals on dain, instead of bouncing aggro all over the place requiring heals on 2-4 Melees, drawing more aggro, and wasting excessive mana. It keeps the stage much less chaotic, Much more controllable, Safer, And more mana efficent... To do anything else Is just asking for trouble, Simply in the name of being lazy.

(Seems when trying to set up kite method, Alot of resistance seems to come from people, who think its "Easier" to let the warrior hold the group, and the Dain hold the cheif)

Simple, straight forward. Repeat the Zerker kiting method in this stage, as used in Stage 2. Luckily in this one, Due to the fact there are no shamans in this camp to cast snare, The zerker can effectively Kite the giants around the hill sides. The Melees gank the Cheif, and the dain peels the scouts one by one from the kiting zerker until none are left.

Again, simple, easy, safe, and efficient

Nothing big here. Melees free for all on the wolves, Dain needs to refresh the clerics "Pure Thought" At the begining, and Clerics start working back any lost mana in prep for the final stage.

Many methods on this...All basically the same method. In general, for safety sake, Allow the warrior to go in first, aggro the Last giant, and set himself in One of the north corners outside the tunnel to thurg. The giant has "Knockback" which will snare as well.

Generally, the wisest idea is to allow the Warrior to solo the general/Overlord (whatever) till hes down 10% HP, to allow the warrior to build up enough aggro to keep the giant focused on him. Once that aggro is there, The remaining melees close in for the kill.

Now, Who ever has main aggro in this, When they get hit w/ knockback, has a responsibility, to "Position the Giant, As close as possible to the middle of the river. There have been confirmed losses due to the giant falling into the side of the hill, and end up unlootable, wasting everyones time and effort.

Easiest way to do this.. Once knocked back... The tank needs to walk straight for the giant, walk between its legs, walk to the opposite side of the river, let the giant follow, then once in the river, the tank then resumes position back in the original corner. If done right, The giant will cast its knockback, with just enough time for the tank to get back in the proper position, to avoid long distance knockback.

And thats it... The MOST Mana Efficent, Time efficent, Organized, effective, and Most importantly... SAFEST method of doing this.

I hope this helps, not only to make this easier, But help to understand WHY this method is better, Because w/ as easy as this mission potentially is, There is simply no reason for any group to ever fail on it.

===========================================

What is the lockout timer? And is there a better way you can think of?

My next question...can this mission be done with a single character (with 3 grouped obviously) moving?

Anyone know any tricks or something that would make this easier to program.

If you don't want a trick posted in great detail here but don't mind it being utilized in a macro send me a PM.

This is a simple mission folks over complicate it.
--------------------------------------------

A: Dain 1 is a Monster Mission

B: Min number for folks to complete 3 ideal is 4
1 Dain
1 Cleric
1 Cleric
1 Warrior

C. Most important buffs are Viction
D. Most important AAs for this mission Run 4, Magic Resist maxed, max defenses

From zone in head to the Giant Fortress near zone in i(t is ahead and left)

I like to kill both scouts outside. Why? because it is easy enough to do, and it saves me the hassle of dealing with them when the chieftan runs out to them when he gets low hp.

Second Chieftan (southern part of zone next to river)
I set the clerics to the north of the giants well away from their camp.. Up on the large hill on the other side of river is a good place.

I place the kiter (normally the kiter is a rogue, zerker or warrior) to east of the formation. I put the dain dead ahead of chieftan.

I then toss an ax at one of the scouts with the kiter and take off running away from the mobs. As soon as they start to run after the kiter I imeadieatly have the Dain casts thunder at the chief he then breaks off and comes after the Dain. The dain then pulls the chief up on the hill where the clerics are.

The kiter trains off the rest. I let the rogue run all the way to velks. Some times the kiter gets away some times he doesnt not it doesnt matter.

Once the dain has the chief single he kills him then heads to the 3rd encounter taking the clerics with him.

Third Chieftan (by druid port)
Pretty much same strat as second, i set the kiter to the north of the formation, I put clerics up on the hill behind the dragon portal and the dain in front of chieftan. I toss the ax with the kiter and run away. At the same time I have the dain cast thunder and pull the chief up to the clerics where I kil him. Once dead I run all the toons over to the wolves

Wolves
Pretty easy, just single pull em till they are all dead.

Warlord
Also pretty simple. i put the dain in the corner next to the waterfall right below the giant rock so the Warlord doesnt push him back. I then put the warror tight next to him this prevents the Dain from moving. (Important Turn off Auto Duck or you will keep ducking on each hit)

Move the clerics up into healing range, then have the dain hit the warlord with thunder the giant will run up to you and the rock will keep u from being pushed back. Perfect heals off cleric 1 once cleric 1's heal is at 50 percent cast have cleric 2 start to cast and just keep alternating the heals this way. You want to start your heals as soon as the warlord is pulled. takes about 2 mins to kill the warlord.

rinse and repeat as needed.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have succesfully completed this with only 3 Characters. With 2 of the characters being boxed(so only two RL people). It takes longer of course, but still doable with a lockout timer left after completion.
--
Classes:
1. Cleric
2. Dain - NEEDED and Cannot let die
3. Warrior / Zerker = Puller
--
I do not recall what the lockout timer is, but think it is like 45 minutes from entering the zone IF completed.
--
First one is pretty much as suggested
--
On the 2nd one(rivers end), what we did with only 3 characters,
1.) Sit the cleric up the hill (will get a loc when i can),
2.) Have your puller of choice stand to the left of Giants and pull everything (don't Target chief on this) - Pull with a thrown Axe
3.) Have the dain Tag the chief. - Tag with a thrown Axe
4.) Once dain has chief solo, pull him up to Cleric. So if/when puller dies, The Cleric and Dain are out of Aggro range, so you don't have to kill the Chiefs group. saving time.
--
The 3rd one(dragon's Circle), we pull by same means:
1.) Pull from the left of giants - pull with an Axe
2.) Dain tag Chief - tag with an Axe
3.) Dain solo chief, and cleric heal.
4.) Once Chief is dead, have dain and cleric ran to Wolves, let puller die, and run him to wolves. Again don't have to kill off the entire Giant party.
--
Of course with Warping and all that good stuff, the Puller really doesn't need to die i suppose... will also update with Locs of all 3 Chiefs, and Warlords Loc. Wolves Wander, but will get a general loc on them as well.
--
Wolves and Warlord Kyle100 hits it right on.
--
On thing on Kyle100's post:
Pulling the chief with Thunder spell, if you do to much damage with it from a crit hit, you will get summoned to The cheif. Therefore drawing aggro from all the giants. Just a suggestion

Last edited:
have done this literally over a hundred times..... pulling with thunder works well and i always pulled the last wolf in the cave with us with everyone in the cave it is safe to med, bio w/e, Dain backs himself in the corner (where guard krag usually stands) back yourself up to the corner so you see the big ugly and lightning to pull him. tons o ways to do it thats just mine :D I think you only get summoned when you are too close for the peel though been wrong countless times before tho heh

Veyron said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II do not recall what the lockout timer is, but think it is like 45 minutes from entering the zone IF completed.
--

I have never had a lock out timer I think what happens is some folks forget to remove task when they leave the instance that is why they can not get another mission

A Side note, i think i know why i always got summoned, i would max out the AA which improves The Thunder spells damage. (so don't do that)

I always would inch close enough to Cast and then duck to interupt while everyone was getting ready, so i know i wasn't to close as i was at Max Spell range.

Also, wouldn't a resisted stun still induce more aggro then the proximity aggro from the puller taging? (just throwing this out there)
--
I have completed this MM with a full group of 6 in under 20 minutes and have always had a lockout timer. I think if it takes you longer then say 40 - 45 minutes you will not have a lockout timer, but under that you will. And by entering the Zone, i mean once you say the Key phrase to get your instanced zone.

I can make a macro for dain but I don't think it's really worth it.. if there's a huge request for them I might but it's not even a whole aa for 15 minutes of work. Also, you would have to 5 or 6 box because it would be pretty obvious your cheating to the rest of your group.

I wanted to say i am a fan of that Queen Nok Macro cudos and redcent to ZippZipp. I have done the dain MM so many times im sicken by the thought of running the 15 to 45 minute MM. I do it boxing 3, Dain, Cleric (with conv), and the warrior. I started the macro, i have to admit last time i wrote code was 5 years ago, I suck. I have the primary macro requesting the mm from "Dain's Historian Duggans" toon as to do a "/say see your self" and bam up comes the MM window. Im stuck at the point where i want this main macro to select the dain mm toon.

Comparred Queen Nok mac, the get mission section would be a bit different in having to choose differnt toons to do mission. At the same time i want my secondary macro cleric and third macro warrior to select their mm toon's. How do i get them to do that? "/notify taskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton Leftmouseup Dain Frostreaver I" ? Unlike the Queen Nok mm there are multiple toons to choose from.

I think you need something like this:

Rich (BB code):
       /if (${Window[TaskTemplateSelectWnd].Open}) { 
         /notify TaskTemplateSelectWnd TaskTemplateSelectListOptional listselect ${Window[TaskTemplateSelectWnd].Child[TaskTemplateSelectListOPtional].List[npcnameyouwanthere]} 
         /delay 1s 
         /notify TaskTemplateSelectWnd TaskTemplateSelectAcceptButton leftmouseup 
        /delay 1s 
   }

i see no one has too much interest in creating this macro. or if they do they do not want to release it to the public. anyways anyone get anywhere with this project?

Ok i finally got a go from the author (Blitter) of 3 toon dain1 macro

I changed to work with warp and did few tweaks

I fail 1 out of 10 mission

Good luck

Required Plugins
MQ2EQBC
MQ2NetBots
MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2Melee - not strictly necessary but will help on Final Named as auto checks for Enrage.

File Check list
dain.mac
healer.mac
runner.mac
runner2.mac
zoneout.mac
loadaa.mac
followpath.mac
bigheal.mac
lootdain.mac
ramp.mac
selectmonster.mac

Instructions for Use
1) ToonPal, ToonCle, ToonBer to be altered in Dain.Mac to match your 3 Toon names.
2) Make sure your toons are joined to EQBC server and Netbots (/net on grab on send on) is on ALL THREE TOONS :)
3) Select the correct Hotbutton panel if you've alrdy done a Dain 1. (note only ToonPal and ToonCle use the hotbuttons)
4) When your toons are all in the room that Dain Historian Duggans is in, one toon (who will be the Dain) should /mac dain
5) wait... :) all the toons should zone in
6) If you've run the macro b4 then fine..just let it run...it will load AA's and then head on off to kill :)
7) If this is the first time through, /endmac once they are zoned into the instance. You'll need to manually select each Toon's AA's and Save them
8) As well as this you'll need a HotButton panel for the AA abilities.
ToonPal - Needs - HotButton 1 - Thunder
HotButton 2 - Heal Wounds
HotButton 3 - Pure Thought
HotButton 4 - Stun
ToonCle - Needs - HotButton 4 - Conviction
HotButton 6 - Light of Recovery
HotButton 7 - Pious Light
HotButton 8 - Perfect Heal
HotButton 10 - Mark of the Blameless
9) Once HotButtons and AA's are done and Saved, then just rerun the /mac dain on the Daintoon, no need to get a new instance, it will just continue on

Last edited:
/bcaa issues the command to all the toons even the one issuing the command. /bca only issues the command to all the toons except the one issuing the command.

example:

4 toons connected to server

Toon1 issues /bca //say HI

toon2 toon3 toon4 will say hi

toon1 issues /bcaa //say HI

ALL toons connected to the server will say HI

hmmm this mac is so screwed... the dain wont heal itself instead heals the cleric ... cleric wont heal the dain it heals the beserker instead.. and the beserker wont assist in attacking the first mob..

dain 1 macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back