• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Current group changes can anyone chime in? (1 Viewer)

Boltsfan6317

RedCents
10¢
So currently my group makeup is Sk/Clr/Enc/Shm/Ber/Ber. I have been debating on dropping my shaman for a 3rd berzerker(Simply because im having so much success with two a 3rd has been on my mind). My biggest question is, Would it be worth it to me to PL a bard and get him set up in the group if i go that route(I have no exp playing a bard but would prob use some form of KA with him)?

My second option would be to switch out the shaman for a mage. I understand the best overall dps would prob be the 3 zerkers with a bard, but would the utility be worth it to not make a bard and stick with the shaman or mage setup? I honestly dont know the current state of the shaman class atm im returning after a break and have only played a couple of weeks since like 2016.

shm+ zerks="so much success" (can be sole healer and DEFINATLY increases zerk dps)
the clr and enc are nice comfy blankets but almost all grp content can be done w out them
clr for dps maybe a bst (for adps)
enc for bard (some cc, but mostly adps)
of course bring back clr and or chanter as needed depending if you run into trouble

What level are the characters?
Are they gold or FTP?
What is their aa count like?
What level of gear are they wearing?
Where are you hunting with them?
How are you running the group?

One of the best groups I have seen runs SK, Clr, Ench, 2 Zerkers, and the last slot is situational. Adding in a mage or wizard into that last slot is going to be helpful. A little range non-melee dps never hurts anything. Clerics are always going to be better healing and enchanters are better crowd control.

The answers to the above questions will definitely help us give a well informed suggestion.

Thanks for the tips dealings. I have noticed that the shaman has some tools that make the zerkers dps output better for sure.

All the toons are in Adamant and are gold accounts max level. Im basically piloting the sk while doing adps with enchanter and shaman and obviously using their utilities when needed (healing,mez,etc).

Right now im working on hero aa's but the plan is max level group content im headed towards Ros soon and then TBL after. Right now im not using KA or ihc i just have keypresses that i push to the other toons from my pilot SK. I am working on getting these guys set up for KA and IHC though.

Personally, I would go with the dumping the shaman and putting in a mage or wizard. They are great dps, work well with the chanter, and give you nice travel capabilities with either ports or at least coth. Running 1 toon to places and coth'ing the group is a wonderful thing but porting and evac can be super helpful, as well.

Personally, I run a warrior, cleric, chanter, mage, zerker, and wizard, though, I am maxxing aa's on an sk right now to interchange with my warrior when she is busy doing stuff with my other cleric.

I suspect that moving up into RoS and TBL will find that a shaman as your only healer will be more taxing on the group. You can supplement that with a really good kiss ini but it will always be less risky with a cleric healing. (Yes, I am biased! Cleric is my main. :P)

So, basically dump the shaman get a caster or even another zerker if the side benefits that the casters have aren't worth it to you.

3 zerkers, beast, cleric, SK...…….. I will push one of the zerkers out for bard/chanter if I need the CC but as an SK the motto is "KILL SHIT BEFORE IT KILLS YOU" and with 3 zerkers it doesn't take long!

I main an sk and personally would swap your enc for a bard. leaving the clr and shm means enough healing to pull crazy trains. It's what I like to do.

Thanks for all the advice, I'm deff gonna set up a fresh 6 man team that will consist of the classes that I dont currently have maxed, and get them up to speed. It seems to me from your replies that TBL content will dictate what comp I run based on the mission, quest, mechanics, and difficulty.

Eventually I wanna have a melee based group and a caster heavy group. I will always use a SK as a tank though lol for group content they are so fun to pilot and when I pop off disc's and aa's the adps is actually pretty decent in my opinion.

SK/CL/BL/Zer/Zer and usually chanter. BL/Chanter combo gives you basically every utility and buff you need.

BL > Mage for this melee group - Attack buffs, TBL progression makes Dissident Fury ( Amazing dps boost to SK,Zer,Zer, BL, + all 3 pets ) usuable every 60 seconds. Mana/Health Regen buffs, Focus buff ,
Spirit of tala'tak ( constant speed boost for pulling), paragon, and focused paragon, can slow, off heal, off tank with pet, and has very solid DPS. can even pull with Playing possum (FD), plus many AA buffs.

I don't log in shammy & ranger to max out buffs anymore because its not needed once you get the AA it seems for group content.

I have swapped out shammy/bard for cleric/chanter but I play a little reckless and that combo doesnt really handle a crazy pull as well.

I have done progression starting with EoK through TBL with several different group make ups and so far this group makeup is the one that synergizes the best for me.

Last edited:
Thanks Smokeybear, i honestly had no previous info on the beastlord because ive never played one before. I didnt realize their utility was so good and they basically have everything a shaman has with the obvious better melee dps. This gives me a lot more to consider now lol

shaman contribuition to a melee grp (adps) epic, lion, ancestral aid
grp pact of the wolf

shaman is not only bringing adps , in a good melee grp he is the ONLY healer (bst wouldnt handle that job for too long), shm can also rez and if have staff from omm, can combat rez, again bst cant
dont get me wrong i love a bst but not as a replacement to be main healer and dps
sk shm zerk zerk bst (unless u really need hard core cc , go w a bard)
that grp make up obliterates most stuff pretty quickly

Question - Current group changes can anyone chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back