• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Curious to use on live servers (1 Viewer)

Tumaagrr

RedCents
130¢
I have only ever used it on private servers, I want to use it on live servers but am always so afraid that I'll get banned supper fast or something. Buddy of mine says it's not super unsafe but I'm not so sure any tips/advice?

I have only ever used it on private servers, I want to use it on live servers but am always so afraid that I'll get banned supper fast or something. Buddy of mine says it's not super unsafe but I'm not so sure any tips/advice?
Its always a risk. follow dont be a dick. dont afk. dont stay at the same camp for a week. dont tell anyone. Your risk will be far less.

using macroquest is against ToS

from our resources:

Is this allowed?
No.
We want Very Vanilla to gain acceptance within the EQ community, so we designed it work only on servers that allow multi-boxing, and we don't allow game-breaking hacks or cheats. You can help us gain acceptance by:
  • Staying at your keyboard.
  • Being considerate of other players, socializing, and grouping.
While our style of multi-boxing has coexisted with other playstyles for over a decade, Darkpaw Games doesn't endorse any software but their own, and in 2021 they began to issue some users 7 day suspensions for using MacroQuest. Use with caution.

MQ is 100% illegal on ANY server. You absolutely can get suspended / banned at any time for using MQ in any form.

Just read this thread for a sampling:

Likely hundreds of accounts get banned / suspended each year. If you want to take the risk, that is your own personal decision to make.

For me, EQ is completely unplayable at this point without MQ so the risk is well worth it in my own opinion.

Question - Curious to use on live servers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back