• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - crash while zoning (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
479¢
still randomly occurs, happens on toons running KA and also on some running CWTN. Just happened now entering guild hall with 6 toons and 1 KA and 1 CWTN crashed.

what does "still occurs" mean? I went back through your posts for over a year and didn't see anything. did you have this issue before - what was the solution/resolution/consensus before?

it is unlikely that ka or the cwtn plugins are causing your crash (and speaking from plugins you also likely have 30 - 50 other plugins going at any time.

a. does your zoning take an unusually long time?

b. are you in a very large guild?
if so uncheck this box and see if zoning doesn't improve for you
1661522197709.png

c. have you ensured that you don't have onedrive, and AV/Defender constantly syncing/scanning your eq/mq files/folders?

d. do you use eq log files?
d2. if so, are they redonk in size?

e. are you getting any crash dumps?
1661522334313.png

and then "reports" folder.
- if you do have a dmp from this happening, please pm it to me

Thanks for the quick response.

This has been an ongoing problem but this is the first I have ever posted about it.

a. no complaints with zoning times

b. one of the toons that crashed is in a large guild the other is in a small guild

c. don't have onedrive or defender scanning eq

d. one of the eq log files was the large

Thanks for the quick response.

This has been an ongoing problem but this is the first I have ever posted about it.

a. no complaints with zoning times

b. one of the toons that crashed is in a large guild the other is in a small guild

c. don't have onedrive or defender scanning eq

d. one of the eq log files was the large
something is trying to click while zoning and it ends up in a spot where the door/switch is deleted (thanks to @brainiac for your input)

While i don't run into that problem with the cwtn plugins, I'd suggest perhaps going into mode 0 when you zone in, and for kissassist pausing it - you can just a cfg file like explained > HERE <

do you have anything that might be trying to issue clicks while those toons are zoning - particularly broadcasting or spamming to click them?

I have similar problems with toons crashing while zoning: I play 6 toons all at once on the same computer with KA12 and nothing special running other than the Very Vanilla package. Generally speaking - everything runs really really well. However, anecdotally speaking, about once every 2nd or 3rd time I zone, one of my accounts will freeze while in the process of zoning. I'll have to task manager close the account and re-log in manually to continue. For some reason, it seems like some days are worse than others, and it will be every time I zone. Generally, these are the circumstances:

- I hardly ever, ever disconnect at all other than while zoning. I can't remember a single disconnect over the last couple of months other than while zoning. (Disconnect may be misleading. It actually seems like a frozen game while in the process of zoning)
- Its always just one account. I can't remember when it was more than one account that would crash on zoning.
- Its not always the same account. It seems completely random which one will crash.
- Its not always the same zones. Porting into PoK could result in an account crash 2 out of 3 times one afternoon and not again at all the next day.
- After task manager closing account, then relogging - it will always say your character is still in world and you have to kick it out. Pretty much whether I wait 2 minutes or 15 minutes to task manager close the account. It's like the client didn't really crash, or the account didn't disconnect - rather the client kinda "froze".
- It doesn't seem to matter if I am using a navigate feature, porting into a different zone with the druid, or just manually zoning each character one by one - a "frozen" screen while zoning can still happen.

I have similar problems with toons crashing while zoning: I play 6 toons all at once on the same computer with KA12 and nothing special running other than the Very Vanilla package. Generally speaking - everything runs really really well. However, anecdotally speaking, about once every 2nd or 3rd time I zone, one of my accounts will freeze while in the process of zoning. I'll have to task manager close the account and re-log in manually to continue. For some reason, it seems like some days are worse than others, and it will be every time I zone. Generally, these are the circumstances:

- I hardly ever, ever disconnect at all other than while zoning. I can't remember a single disconnect over the last couple of months other than while zoning. (Disconnect may be misleading. It actually seems like a frozen game while in the process of zoning)
- Its always just one account. I can't remember when it was more than one account that would crash on zoning.
- Its not always the same account. It seems completely random which one will crash.
- Its not always the same zones. Porting into PoK could result in an account crash 2 out of 3 times one afternoon and not again at all the next day.
- After task manager closing account, then relogging - it will always say your character is still in world and you have to kick it out. Pretty much whether I wait 2 minutes or 15 minutes to task manager close the account. It's like the client didn't really crash, or the account didn't disconnect - rather the client kinda "froze".
- It doesn't seem to matter if I am using a navigate feature, porting into a different zone with the druid, or just manually zoning each character one by one - a "frozen" screen while zoning can still happen.
I also have this issue, I will run 6 boxes all on separate pcs and randomly when i zone any given one could crash to desktop.

I also have this issue, I will run 6 boxes all on separate pcs and randomly when i zone any given one could crash to desktop.
I am going to lock this thread.

you just bumped something from October of last year.

EQ has a bunch of crashes happening right now due to their patch, and your issue is very likely to be unrelated to the post from 7 months ago

Problem - crash while zoning
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back