• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Couple of unrelated questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
741¢
Hi,

So my merry band has got to 78 (7 being completed by getting 96% from doing TBM entry quests. I had already bought some remnants, and equipped the armour on my group, but I cant seem to find the Augs, the 2 vendors in POT dont show any at all. Am I missing something? Where do I get them / what do I need to do to get them to show?

Secondly, Ive not really been using the maps, however when I got to Plane of Health my map just showed mobs, not the actual map, do I need to download maps?

Thanks, and apologies for my inane questions :(

1. You have to do the into the temple quests and then buy augs in pohealth (5s, 7s)
2. You have to download and use player maps. Good's or brewall's are the most popular

The group augs are in Plane of Health. You can only see/purchase them after you complete Into the Temple B given by the Mayor. The aug vendors in Plane of Tranquility are opened up from gaining faction from Plane of Fear/Hate Revisited.

I never liked all that work up in TBM to get and switch out the augs every so many levels. And then you will hit that road block that the best augs are from Wilcher Rifunuse and that requires a lot of faction stuff in Plane of Hate/Fear and by then I was a higher level and went elsewhere.

So at lower levels (pre 100) I go the easy path. There is a special aug you can get in each of the hot zones which are given by Franklin Teek in POK. Those tasks are simple kill 5 mobs. If you only accept one task a day then that is all you can do that day. But if you get the tasks for levels 70, 75 and 80 (or how many ever levels you want) all at one time then you can do them till your done.

And the really cool part is the aug can drop any time even without the kill 5 task. I like the one in Fear Itself since it is 125 to H/M/E and some saves but that is level 85.

As to which augs for which characters you would want to maybe start with the basic fact that there are different augs for F2P/Silver and All Access accounts. Then the overall aug suggestion such as mana augs for your casters, strength for the tanks and dex for the rangers.

If you are F2P/Silver or just in general this is a nice list I refer to many times even on All Access to find augs (thanks to original poster over in SK land)

Question - Couple of unrelated questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back