• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Connect to different eqbc depending on computer (1 Viewer)

Solution
Yep. I want if my wife is playing on her computer it connects to a different EQBCS than mine.
EQBCS is set by IP, so dont need a MQ ID, just set her/him/there server and a diff IP in settings?
so to build on durango, you would just have a .cfg to change what eqbc server she is connected to.

Need information on .cfg files? https://docs.macroquest.org/main/features/cfg-files/

and then just a /bccmd connect 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.102 (using simple examples, you would use yours and her local ip addy)
Yep. I want if my wife is playing on her computer it connects to a different EQBCS than mine.
You can set her or your EQBC to connect to the same EQBC server you are running on. OR... take the opportunity to switch to Dannet, if you can see shared folders on each others PC Dannet will connect you together automatically (You might need to adjust the interface using /dnet interface depening on your network card setup).

I think the OP wants his and her setups, so they can both run there boxes without interfering with each others.

As was put above, easiest way is to set each eqbc to there own local ip address, or the default 127.0.0.1 ifzshe is using just a single PC

EQBCS is set by IP, so dont need a MQ ID, just set her/him/there server and a diff IP in settings?
so to build on durango, you would just have a .cfg to change what eqbc server she is connected to.

Need information on .cfg files? https://docs.macroquest.org/main/features/cfg-files/

and then just a /bccmd connect 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.1.102 (using simple examples, you would use yours and her local ip addy)

Solution
Question - Connect to different eqbc depending on computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back