• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Computer issues. (1 Viewer)

zalemander

RedCents
20¢
Thought this might be a good place to ask a computer related question as it pertains to multiboxing.
I have only been playing on phini for the last 2 months and friend convinced me to play a bit back on live. I miss boxing so I thought i would start doing it again, but the problem is that when i load a second everquest my computer blue screens within 10 minutes. I have all of the graphic settings maxed but I have watched my resource monitor while loading 2 and i dont exceed 30% usage so I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with that. I have also read that some people have bluescreen issues with registry errors but the scanner i tried came back negitive. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Computer specs.
I7-2600, 20gigs ram. gtx970 video card. windows 8.1

off hand, I would suggest getting this program called Speccy . It is made by the same folks who make CCleaner or Defraggler. It will help with telling you a lot about your computer.

It is possible you are overheating the system, Speccy can help with displaying pretty much every bit of info your motherboard is trying to convey, including temp readings, fan speeds, buncha stuff.

Else... is this happening with just regular EQ? EQ + MQ? EQ + winEQ? EQ + ISB? some combination of the above?

have you looked at the report from the blue screen? Should be under control panel-administrative tools-event viewer-windows logs just check times of when you have blue screened and see what it is, it will either be hardware or software. What i would do is load up one instance of eq and run speccy, find out what your temps are like for your cpu. Then load up a second account and see what your temps are like, maybe its a temp issue, the cpu will shut down for a temp threshold, same for the GPU

If you only get the blue screen after loading up a second instance, my first thought is that you may have a bad stick of ram. You might try searching for a tool to check/stress test memory.

i really dont know how to read the event viewer but i have watched the temperature of the cpu when it has bluescreened and it is no hotter then while running 1 instance of eq. For the record. The crashing happens with eq+eq and a few tabs of chrome browser open. Nothing else.

Bad Video Card or old Video driver can also cause this, but again blue screen generates a log, read that! take a pic with your cell phone or whatever but get the blue screen info, it IS telling you what the problem is

Tech - Computer issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back