• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Computer freezing with mq2 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,100¢
Hey Hey guys I've been using MQ2 for about 7 months now and and I have never really had any problems with it until today.. Let me explain .....

Normally I can run 50 accounts at 1 time with absolutely no issues today I was running about 12 characters and I came outside for a quick smoke break then I came back inside to my computer and I noticed it was at the windows login screen. I figured the Power went off and came back on so I just logged in ,restarted mq2 and loaded up my toons with no problem..

My characters My characters would load up and be fine for about 5 minutes and and then my whole computer would just completely Freeze up on me control alt delete doesnt even pop up for me . I have to keep doing a hard reboot amd it only happens with mq2 now ...

I am stuck On what to do... I havent

Hey Hey guys I've been using MQ2 for about 7 months now and and I have never really had any problems with it until today.. Let me explain .....

Normally I can run 50 accounts at 1 time with absolutely no issues today I was running about 12 characters and I came outside for a quick smoke break then I came back inside to my computer and I noticed it was at the windows login screen. I figured the Power went off and came back on so I just logged in ,restarted mq2 and loaded up my toons with no problem..

My characters My characters would load up and be fine for about 5 minutes and and then my whole computer would just completely Freeze up on me control alt delete doesnt even pop up for me . I have to keep doing a hard reboot amd it only happens with mq2 now ...

I am stuck On what to do... I havent
are you getting any crash dmps?

really hard to say without too much info

have you considered doing the swap to MacroQuest "Next" there are a huge amount of performance improvements and bug fixes

are you getting any crash dmps?

really hard to say without too much info

have you considered doing the swap to MacroQuest "Next" there are a huge amount of performance improvements and bug fixes
Thanks guys for your input.... how would I get the crash dump files if my computer freezes to the point of me doing a hard reboot... does it save it automatically somewhere .

Also I tried to save my profile For all my team's with macroquest and I kept getting an error

Thanks guys for your input.... how would I get the crash dump files if my computer freezes to the point of me doing a hard reboot... does it save it automatically somewhere .

Also I tried to save my profile For all my team's with macroquest and I kept getting an error

You look to be using MQNext (now), which would generate and send the dmps automatically to the crashpad if it was able to do so.
Typically a "lockup" wouldn't generate a dump since it's not crashing, it's freezing. But if you were generating a .dmp file it would be located in your MQ\Logs\Dumps\reports\ folder.

Maybe a coincidence but Tuesday or Wednesday your PC probably got some Microsoft Windows updates. It might pay to reboot and then manually run all the updates it offers to you and keep rebooting and repeating until there are no more updates. Then reboot one more time to ensure Windows has correctly staged all the proper settings in the registry.

Having something similar reoccur at every 30 min or so. Entire computer freezes. Have to power down to regain control. Switched to MQNext yesterday. First time it happened was today.

Ran all updates, update drivers. Still doing it.

If something like that starts up on my computer the first thing I check, and the easiest, is ctrl alt delete and see if anything is hogging mem. Sure enough my AV program frequently goes whacko and hogs like 97% so I have to try and end program on it or go into it and run the repair on it to get it back to normal.

Side note: anyone have a good free AV suggestion?:)

If something like that starts up on my computer the first thing I check, and the easiest, is ctrl alt delete and see if anything is hogging mem. Sure enough my AV program frequently goes whacko and hogs like 97% so I have to try and end program on it or go into it and run the repair on it to get it back to normal.

Side note: anyone have a good free AV suggestion?:)
At this point, Windows Defender with a bunch of exceptions to folders.

*whispers* you should all upgrade to MacroQuest "Next"
Yea...it's not that I don't like the internet...I'm still learning how to use the fax sir.
Computer Working GIF

Problem - Computer freezing with mq2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back