• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Computer Freezing - Hard Reboot Needed (1 Viewer)

Fearbringer

RedCents
600¢
Everything was working until I updated RG. Now, in game everything locks up. No crash data, nothing. Have to cold boot. Happens randomly. Running, zoning, ect

Any help very appreciated thanks!

No that should be fine, if thats your only drive? I just see alot of people log EQ without deleting. I have the newest update, and running 32 accounts fine. If it 100% has only been since the update, thats odd, only report ive heard. Nothing else changed?

How do I start new log files for each toon? My log files are at 3-10mb each for each toon
thats nothing, i wouldnt worry about that. to make a new one, you can rename the old one. the game will make a new eqlog_charname as it parses data. but again that doesnt sound like to large of logs. I would still disable the new setting, and see if that clears up the new issue.

Your ui is probably out of date again.

Plz don't post and then also pm me, I can't talk to you in two places at the same time :p

Sorry, and thank you all for your response. How do I reset UI again?
/loadskin default and probably just keep it that way (if that is related to your issues).

please dear god don't tell me you have multi-gig sized logs in there?! gina can auto split them as mentioned (and then you can delete unwanted old ones)

Here's what I have in that file, bold is the names I changed. I disabled auto login and i will report back.
INI:
[Profiles]
DefaultEQPath=c:\users\public\daybreak game company\installed games\everquest
NumProfiles=3
Profile1=[B]SERVER[/B]
Profile2=threetoon
Profile3=mains
[Settings]
NotifyOnServerUP=0
UseMQ2Login=1
[threetoon]
EQPath=c:\users\public\daybreak game company\installed games\everquest
[mains]
EQPath=c:\users\public\daybreak game company\installed games\everquest
Server:[B]NAME[/B]_Blob=Blob=1

Last edited by a moderator:
right, so it looks like you have a group called 'mains'? you should be able to delete it there or I think you can also right click all the names in the autologin popup window (the Rclick menu off MQ button you've been using) and there's an option to delete as well.

I did that and it still locks up my computer, still have to hard reboot. This has been going on for about a month now, can't resolve this issue.

-> Reinstalled
-> Set all to = 0 one by one on all toons
-> Redid auto launcher
-> Updated Launcher
-> Windows Updated
-> Default UI
-> HD Space is fine
-> Cleared EQ Logs
-> And more

It freezes to the point where there is no crash file because I cant click anything. Have to power off everything or unplug it and plug it back in lol.

If I load all 6 toons in at once, "Load All," it automatically freezes when the first 2 or 3 enter the world.

If I load one-by-one, and wait a few to log each one in a few minutes apart, it's random times when it freezes. Sometimes it's when I zone, sometimes it's when I run forward, sometimes it's when I sit down.

I have started the process of deleting everything RG related and starting all over again and rebuilding. The only thing left to do. Will report back. Update, reinstalling everything did not workn

Last edited:
Do you have one or more anti-virus programs running?
When you reboot, what's in your auto start? May want to remove anything that is not needed at boot up.
Once you have rebooted, open task manager and monitor it before starting anything else. Once your system is fully up, monitor task manager while you launch RG.
What does your Event Viewer logs tell you about your freezes? if anything.

These are just ideas and things to think about/look at while trouble shooting.

-Taz

I disabled the only anti virus I have, still froze. EQ works fine without MQ Running. I can run 1 toon with MQ fine. 2 is sketchy but when 3 pops in - frozen. And no specific order of toons, tried to isolate a single toon and its random. Disabled plugs in as well..... trying start up now...

Anyone know where I can find "Other Plugins"? Not all are listed in my Ini
mq2CWTNBuffs=1
; Other Plugins

I verified all 6 toons have the same exact plugins. through the plugin manager as well. I also unwatched everything.

Still freezing...

Attachments

• Mage Plugins.png
    Mage Plugins.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I disabled the only anti virus I have, still froze. EQ works fine without MQ Running. I can run 1 toon with MQ fine. 2 is sketchy but when 3 pops in - frozen. And no specific order of toons, tried to isolate a single toon and its random. Disabled plugs in as well..... trying start up now...

You mention that "EQ works fine without MQ running."

I'm just curious, how many EQ sessions can you run just alt-tabbing and loading the EQ Launcher? I ask this because it would appear some PC resource is being stretched too thin.

I recently began running EQ/MQ on a little computer with a Ryzen 9 5900HX. It uses integrated graphics and should have been able to run multiple sessions of EQ just fine, however it kept crashing after loading multiple accounts. I eventually found the BIOS wasn't allocating enough shared Video RAM. Once I bumped it up to 4GB in the BIOS all my problems disappeared.

Now your hardware should be stout enough to 6 box, but something somewhere is misconfigured so it's not taking full advantage of that hardware. Maybe your eqclient.ini files are trying to run all sessions on a single CPU core? I don't think so, but it would appear that something like that is causing a bottleneck on your system. Or maybe your video card VRAM is going bad? Maybe underclock it to test?

If you have dual monitors maybe try loading the Windows Task Manager on one monitor and watch Memory and GPU while loading characters.

Big Daddy, we tried that as well. Complete reinstall of windows done. Will report back.

I can confirm, a fresh windows 10 install MAY have solved the issues. Will keep everyone posted....

Last edited:
Problem - Computer Freezing - Hard Reboot Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back