• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Compiler question (1 Viewer)

Lokista

RedCents
34¢
Hoping someone can help me with a little problem I have been having lately. After reloading my OS and installing the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 compiler, I can no longer compile things reliably. Now I have to admit, I am not a C programmer by any means. But I was able to figure out how to do so and could make my own Macroquest from source either from MQ2 or Jmo's source posted here prior to this machine rebuild.

When I try to compile generic MQ2 source code, I keep getting the following error:

10>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MQ2Main.lib'

Yet, when I rebuild the same source again without cleaning the build, it works...

Any clues as to where I might have gone wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would like to see the full log from both builds, I saved it but hesitate to post it here because it would be a rather lengthy post.

Compiler question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back