• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Comeback for new progression server (1 Viewer)

RedCents
33¢
Hi Guys,

Long time.

I am tempted to come back and have a dabble in the new progression server, I have been dabbling in P99 for a abit but I really want to at least 2 box.

Moneys not great at the moment, is the lowest monthly payment still $14 or is there a more cost effective measure?

Not interested in the live servers, only really interested in playing up to POP levels.

I do have a number of old live accounts available to me from days of old, what would be your ideal 2box/3 group? I do remember a chap that used to 2box a Enchanter and Druid extremely well, he use to duo Po-hate back in the day.

Will the progression servers allow old rules (eg bard swarm kiting) as that might be an option for me as that was a mainstay back in the day.

Naturally I want to use MQ2 and kissassist etc but do you think the new owners will be hot none active hacks or?

Ta

Jo

If you want to 3-box on a progression server, I'd probably recommend you to play chanter/mage/druid. Unless they revert the mages back to the old standard (which they didn't on the other progression servers), it's the most kickass you will get from any class. Your pet will tear apart just about anything. The druid for heals/ports/DPS, and the chanter for obvious reasons. If you'd rather go the melee route, monk/shaman for a 2-box is also really good since monks had their fist damage upgraded. On higher levels your bare fists will be far better than any weapons available for many expansions to come. There is nothing even remotely close to monks or mages early on, but the mage far outbursts the monk either way.

Monk mage druid will probably be my starting trio. I remember how overpowered my first enchanter was (whirl til you hurl could perma stun about anything), so I suppose its the mages turn this time.

Hmm that does sound good, Never done a mage before, I guess they also make an excellent basis for a 6 box group and an ultimate power level team if I wanted I do fancy monk/shaman combo but really would prefer iksar in that instance which of course wont be available

I can also see starting an Iksar Monk/Shaman/SK melee team once Kunark goes live, but since I have a 10s attention span who knows what 6 months from now holds.

I don't feel a monk comes to its right without either a shaman or a chanter, you still want the overkill haste. And if you want to take down heavier stuff on your own, slow is always nice. A druid will be the cornerstone healer anyways, since SoW and ports will save you a lot of grief. Wizards are more or less pointless imo, since the mage will be way more powerful unless they revert the pets.

No, pets and monks melee wont revert, they cant do that as it would effect live also (I read the Q&A)

I am fancying Druid, Enchanter and Mage as a 3 box, It would be silly not to have a druid simply for utility.

Just been looking at subscripton costs, being in the UK its £14.99 per month.. ($23) since its $14 for USA is there a way I can pay the USA price as its allot cheaper for me?

Last edited:
No, pets and monks melee wont revert, they cant do that as it would effect live also (I read the Q&A)

I am fancying Druid, Enchanter and Mage as a 3 box, It would be silly not to have a druid simply for utility.

Just been looking at subscripton costs, being in the UK its £14.99 per month.. ($23) since its $14 for USA is there a way I can pay the USA price as its allot cheaper for me?

not sure where your getting £14.99 from, rolling monthly subs is only £8.99, obv a lil cheaper if you take 3, 6 or 12 months

Druid over cleric for SoW and ports... tough choice. I was thinking Mage/enc/cleric bound in TD port room since Druids heal on par with paladins all the way through velious and clerics are much more effective and mana efficient in that regard, but those ports sure would be useful. Maybe I'll have to 4-box haha.

If you go cleric swap the druid for a wiz. You might not need an enchanter until Velious unless you want the crack.

For the money/sub issue - you can purchase Kronos from external sources (sellers here on RG or PA) for about 1/2 the price of the sub from DBG[SOE] or buying a Krono in game. The market fluctuates so if you don't see a price you like, check back in a week, it's likely changed and you can get something lower. The usual low end is $7/krono with the average around $8-9 IME. It's a much better option than paying via a real sub, especially if you're boxing multiple accounts. I recently increased my team and switched everyone over to Kronos b/c it was too expensive to do regular subs.

As for the classes... I haven't played on TLP but I've played since original EQ. Ench + Druid is pretty solid... then with a Mage or Monk, you'll be OP for quite a few xpacs due to how the code is now and things that they can't change on TLP due to live servers.

One thing to keep in mind, H2H damage is skill based, so it might be the best weapon choice for many classes until Kunark, since it uses the live overpowered damage/ratio table.

Well I am having ago at the beta did a mage/ench/dru to level 10 so far and having a blast only issue is that the server is packed lol but that's not a bad thing, thankfully I play UK afternoons which isnt too busy.

Mage pets are super OP. I am thinking of going for 4 boxes and having a 2nd mage, Right now other than buffs druid and enchanter are basically sat idle and throw a heal or mez now n then.

So this Kronos thing. Its very new. Are they in-game items purchased from the store? How are they "delivered" to me if I purchase them from here or PA etc?

So this Kronos thing. Its very new. Are they in-game items purchased from the store? How are they "delivered" to me if I purchase them from here or PA etc?

If you buy from another player via whatever method (in game through bazaar w/ plat or off of PA or somewhere), they can directly trade you the Krono like a regular item or they can parcel it to you. Just note that the krono will 'drop' into your krono 'slot' in the inventory screen - so if you don't see it in your bags that's because it is most likely in the special slot. You can pick them up out of that slot and freely distribute them though to your other characters or players.

Question - Comeback for new progression server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back