• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Come to Me / Follow Me --> Issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
I have 3 weeks experience with MQ2 Redguides Very Vanilla, Cleric, War, Zerk plugins. Everything is going OK, nothing special with my set-up, extremly basic.

However, yesterday I am getting this message when I click [Come to Me / Follow Me]:

[Mon Aug 22 21:53:19 2022] [MQ2] [ -->(group_bristle_warrior) ] /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn 26080
[Mon Aug 22 21:53:19 2022] [MQ2] [ -->(group_bristle_warrior) ] /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id 26080

Not sure what I did to cause this, as the function of the 2 buttons is no longer working.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Solution
First off, thank you all for looking and making suggestions.

1) EQBC and DANNET were both green, as were NAV and ADVPATH
2) I looked at my groupinfo.ini and it matched the red guides wiki
3) I looked a few vids by SIC about basics (file install location etc) and all is as should be
4) Turned all NAV ADVPATH EQBC and DANNET red then green on all accounts (6)
Nothing worked....

So, the only thing I did differently was add a VPN EXPRESS to my laptop during travel. I turned the VPN off and tried everything again, and the buttons work!! So the issue was with the VPN.

Thanks all again !!
Inside MQ2groupinfo.ini below. You can comment out the bcg instead of dannet and it should work if eqbcs is not running

INI:
ComeToMeText=Come To Me
;ComeToMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /nav id ${Me.ID}
ComeToMeToolTip=/bcg //nav id ${Me.ID}
;NavStopCommand=/dgge /nav stop
NavStopCommand=/bcg //nav stop

FollowMeText=Follow Me
;FollowMeCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
FollowMeToolTip=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop;/timed 5 /afollow spawn ${Me.ID}
;FollowStopCommand=/dgge /multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop
FollowStopCommand=/bcg //multiline ; /afollow off;/nav stop

MimicMeText=Mimic Me
;MimicMeSayCommand=/dgge /say
MimicMeSayCommand=/bcg //say
;MimicMeHailCommand=/dgge /keypress HAIL
MimicMeHailCommand=/bcg //keypress HAIL
MimicMeToolTip=Everyone do what I do: targeting, hailing, etc.

; This command will have the spawn ID appended to it
;TargetCommand=/dgge /target id
TargetCommand=/bcg //target id

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that you have dannet or advpath unloaded. Try loading them, /plugin dannet and /plugin advpath

If it's a config issue, there's an example config here using the default (dannet)

If you're still having issues, post the contents of your MQ2GroupInfo.ini

3) I looked a few vids by SIC about basics (file install location etc) and all is as should be
Nothing worked....

So, the only thing I did differently was add a VPN EXPRESS to my laptop during travel. I turned the VPN off and tried everything again, and the buttons work!! So the issue was with the VPN.

Thanks all again !!

Solution

Nothing worked....

Thanks all again !!
Glad you found it. I too found the VPN messed with my stuff and stopped using it!

Anyone have issues with other VPN providers or is it just VPN Express?

better vpn options:

https://pivpn.io/ (drop it at your sister's house)

I'm getting the same issue after the last patch.

"Follow Me" and "Mimic Me" work but "Come to Me" does not. Tried updating the MQ2groupinfo.ini per Necropowers post. I'm using native Windows 11, and have not installed any other VPN. Not sure how to unblock local traffic for Dannet.

"Come to Me" uses MQ2Nav, so make sure that's loaded.

/plugin nav

If it's still not working, it could be the zone you're in lacks a mesh. Watch the "Nav" video to learn how to obtain a pre-made mesh.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, why do they do this? I would think VPNs should only care about outgoing and not incoming or local
It’s so that traffic doesn’t “leak” via some other route. The purpose of most of the VPN services is to prevent other endpoints from knowing where you are and to protect your system.

That local protection and blocking is useful when you’re on, for example, the Starbucks Wi-Fi. Less useful when you’re at home.

So the basic user premise is when the VPN is on all traffic should be forced through the VPN. Advanced use is split tunneling.

It’s so that traffic doesn’t “leak” via some other route. The purpose of most of the VPN services is to prevent other endpoints from knowing where you are and to protect your system.

That local protection and blocking is useful when you’re on, for example, the Starbucks Wi-Fi. Less useful when you’re at home.

So the basic user premise is when the VPN is on all traffic should be forced through the VPN. Advanced use is split tunneling.
Ahh ok the Starbucks example makes sense. I was only thinking about being at home. Thanks!

I can confirm the VPN problems .
First I played with everything fine , I logged out and came back later with VPN on.
This was blocking the Follow me and come to me buttons .
Turn off vpn and everything runs fine again.

Problem - Come to Me / Follow Me --> Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back