• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Come on Redbot... (1 Viewer)

ohsfatty

RedCents
I am not really sure what to say or how to say this. I have been a member of Redguides since i believe 2004, always tried to contribute exploits for wow and EQ. I finally won one of the monthly polls back in I think February or maybe march.

I had picked to receive an I-pod for my prize, talked to Redbema he had said he gave your my address and said it should be in the mail soon. Over the next few months I had PMed Redbema and even you a few times hoping for a response. Redbema kept saying that he was trying to get a hold of you and even made a post in the mod/admin forums about it.

Now that Bema had retired I Pmed Redbot hoping for a response this time and still nothing.

I honestly love this site and would love to contribute more, I have quite a few fun exploits for wow but I feel like there is no point of even trying to get redcents to save for the i-pod-zune or even the 9600GTX if there is no chance of it being delivered.

I would really love to hear a response from you. I've talked to a few of the other mods on here about it and they said they are not sure what I should do.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
And I understand if some of you want to flame this post, its expected :)

-DinnerRollofDoom
~MarkeeDragon Administrator~

Because NotAddicted is in need of a SITE MERGE!! Problem is that Red's just real tough to get in touch with, so even if he agreed to a site merge right now it would probably take quite some time before the two parties could work it out. I really hate to say this man, but you just gotta forget about it because he'll come back if and when he comes back. People have been saying this stuff FOREVER - it's just a waste of energy typing it out.

Send me your information in PM, we're actually in a limbo (we've been in a limbo) and Right now it's pretty much Me, Alatyami and Jmo running the site.

You are right things have been slack here for a while and I'm sorry about that but I hope to make up for it. Redcents is also up for discussion if you think you have better ideas or suggestions I would hope you would post it or if you don't feel comfortable doing so PM me.

Anyone else that is still waiting on their old prizes for previous months / polls let me know as well, preferably by PM.

Information I would need.

Mailing address
Prize you wanted
Month you won it or approximation of when.

PMing / Emailing redbot at this point is like throwing a glass of water into the ocean, it's not going to get noticed not for lack of caring (Redbot is actually very busy with a few things that are going on in the background) but due to the fact Redbot gets flooded with PM's and emails

I know how you fell but trust me you will get your prize (I know I did) yes I had to wait awhile but finally I got it.

@unknown405:
Who do you think RG should merge with? Your site ?

- decker

Well, that's for Redbot to decide. He built what was once a legendary site so I would fully understand if he didn't want to, but from what I last heard he is the ONLY one with Paypal information so it seems that the other admins/MODs are having to spend their own money to give out prizes now (I may be wrong.) Again I may be wrong, but last I heard he was the only one with full access to everything on the site.

Actually I don't think even Alatyami can promote people to admins, that's reserved for Redbot. My point being that if he just can't find the time to run his website anymore then rather than throwing it out and forgetting about it, he should preserve it by merging with a more active website. I sent you a PM by the way.

To make a long story short, Red is Busy. He's been doing a lot of work behind the scenes. I'm hoping he'll give us an update soon.

Yes. Most of it is combining Drupal, which is what we use on the Front Page, into a vBB client that works and is integrated seamlessly with the boards. That may not mean much to most people here, but it will make a lot more sense once it's done. We'll also be stepping up the Front Page gaming articles once it's done, which will definitely step up traffic here.

You are never busy enough to not being able to find 3 min to reply to several threads asking what is going on. Sorry, but it is true.

If you sent iso the ipod instead of ohsofatty he`d probably treble his output, considering he`d be paid.

I was supposed to get a mouse like...a year ago...Redbot actually PMed me about my mailing address earlier this year but I haven't seen any packages =/

I was supposed to get a mouse like...a year ago...Redbot actually PMed me about my mailing address earlier this year but I haven't seen any packages =/

Can you give me a time frame .... We are currently building the list of missing rewards to ensure that you get what you deserve. The day that we are ready to ship-it, you will probably be asked for your address again.

~Alatyami

Last edited:
Question - Come on Redbot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back