• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.5 *IT'S HERE!* (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the mq2dps window to show up. It's in my UI folder and everything. I type /dps showwindow true and I crash. Help please!

Im having trouble getting the tracking window to show any mobs in it ive activated it and refresh is there something im missing?

My DPs window shows up, don't forget to do the /plugin mq2dps before you use it the first time. I know thats a problem I run into sometimes is forgetting to actually load it first. then after that reload your skin with /loadskin <skinname>

sickfreak - click on the R G B Y etc buttons on the top of the tracking window... Those are con-color filters. Should fix yur problem.

Next Compile could you at in these two little bits of code please?
It is for this macro to work http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8823
for MQ2DataTypes.cpp:
Rich (BB code):
   case Text:
      GetCXStr(pWnd->WindowText,DataTypeTemp,MAX_STRING);
      Dest.Ptr=&DataTypeTemp[0];
      Dest.Type=pStringType;
      return true;
+   case NewText:
+      strcpy(pWnd->WindowText->Text,Index);
+      GetCXStr(pWnd->WindowText,DataTypeTemp,MAX_STRING);
+      Dest.Ptr=&DataTypeTemp[0];
+      Dest.Type=pStringType;
+      return true;
   case Tooltip:
      GetCXStr(pWnd->Tooltip,DataTypeTemp,MAX_STRING);
      Dest.Ptr=&DataTypeTemp[0];
      Dest.Type=pStringType;
      return true;

and

patch for MQ2DataTypes.h:

Rich (BB code):
-      Items=31
+      Items=31,
+      NewText=32
   };
      TypeMember(Items);
+      TypeMember(NewText);//32
    }

Learningcurve said:
My DPs window shows up, don't forget to do the /plugin mq2dps before you use it the first time. I know thats a problem I run into sometimes is forgetting to actually load it first. then after that reload your skin with /loadskin <skinname>
I have it loaded, all the info just goes to my mq2 chat window, and no other window pops up. I suppose I don't really need one more window, but it bothers me when I can't get things to work right.

Hey, great compile, thanks.

Few things I noticed though, if you want to look into it. While on a horse, /stick will crash you, at least it did for me 2/2 times, most I want to try =)

And also the speed plug-in is kicking to server select again. I don't make it far with /speed 5 or any speed before it kicks me. Could be just me, who knows.

Those are with the basic plug-ins loaded. Docrack, seeinvis and hiderun. rwarp, piggyzone, csum, closenow, gmcheck, twist, and linkdb.

Can someone help me? I have a problem with autoforage, but only on one toon. For some reason, the items don't auto inventory like they do with all my other toons, and what I forage isn't listing in my forage ini file either. Any thoughts?

I have run the speed plugin quite a bit without crashing, i even hit /speed 90 one day in a deserted zone to "Open her up" so to speak. Was one of those classic moments when I should have had friends there and said "Hey Ya'll watch this!" Cause I launched off a small hill and slammed into a mountain side the other side of the zone for 20000 hp damage. SOrry I did not survive. :confused:

Learningcurve said:
I have run the speed plugin quite a bit without crashing, i even hit /speed 90 one day in a deserted zone to "Open her up" so to speak. Was one of those classic moments when I should have had friends there and said "Hey Ya'll watch this!" Cause I launched off a small hill and slammed into a mountain side the other side of the zone for 20000 hp damage. SOrry I did not survive. :confused:

Try doing something like /speed 300 with lev on.

/docrack envirofall on, haha. With some further testing of speed, it seemed to only crash me those two times in a row, and hasn't happened since then, with speeds up into the thousands. I'm not sure what caused it, will try to make it happen again. I'm guessing it was just some bad luck though.

First wanted to say thanks for making a compiled version available to those of us who aren't computer literate enough to do it themselves. Am loving MQ2 and am very grateful to you for your help.

Now, got a problem that just started today. If I start MQ before EQ, I cannot 2 box. Have had no trouble at all untill this morning. I'll get to the user log-in screen for the 2nd account, and will then get a popup saying EQ crashed. If I dont have MQ2 running, I can 2 box just fine. But if I start it up after both accounts are up and running, the first account will get the MQ window and I'll have no trouble using the commands. But it wont load up for the second account. Or at least, the MQ window doesn't popup on the second account. And even stranger, if I unload MQ2, the MQ window will still be up on the first account, and I'll still have all the MQ abilities on that account.

OK, just tried loading MQ2 when the second account is at the character login screen, and got the MQ window popped up for the second account and it seems to work fine from there. No idea what's goin on, but I hope this is enough info for someone wiser then me to figure it out. =-)

MQ2 is finicky at best... These are the types of problems where you just need to post a crash dump to the MQ2 boards and hope the devs can figure out what's wrong. Sorry. :(

One thing that could work for you is telling us a list of what plugins you have running. Some plugins are notorious for causing wierd...things...to happen on load up. The old GMChecker comes to mind, among others.

This is true, but a plugin won't cause MQ2 to load in one instance and not in another. The plugins that cause weird things to happen are usually ones that try to access the spawn list before it is populated, such as when first entering the game from char select. Unfortunately, something of this nature is going to be caused by problems with the DLL injector in MQ2 itself, or some related function. MQ2 devs really are your best bet when it comes to multiple-instance problems and things that keep MQ2 from loading in the first place.

Oh Noz!! MQ2 isnt working for me!! When will it be fixed? The sky is falling The sky is falling!!

(Ok Ok Ok don't shoot me. It's patch day. You all know someone had to say it... it's in the rulez)

Somebody already said it...

*shoots RedDog*

In other news, the servers aren't even up after the patch. As a rule, every time you patch and see eqgame.exe updated...you need a new version of MQ2. Your faithful compilers will have a new version whipped out as soon as the MQ2 devs post a source.

Unfortunately, I'm hearing rumors of some struct changes that might break /zone'ing as it is currently. No way of knowing for now, of course, but Piggyzone and Rwarp may need some significant changes soon.

I keep thinking someone isactually playing when I see quesions orstatements that it don't work. It shouldn't work if its like anyother time they patch and change eqgame.exe. I am sure someone will have it working again within ours. Either from here or the MQ2 boards. I just want the dame log in servers to stat acceptin folks. WTF takes em so long? :mad:

RedDog said:
Oh Noz!! MQ2 isnt working for me!! When will it be fixed? The sky is falling The sky is falling!!

(Ok Ok Ok don't shoot me. It's patch day. You all know someone had to say it... it's in the rulez)

LOL, I knew someone was going to do it sooner or later :p

how do i enter the new offsets with this one? do i have to wait for the new version? (i dont want to actually compile mq2 again i much prefer this version

People that bump compile threads right after a patch that aren't posting a new compile suck arse. Got my hopes up and I was like no way how the hell did he do that so fast. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

please include an updated shared docrack. been using for months and never been banned. please dont lecture on me wanting it im a grown boy if my acct gets banned so what ill start a new one. thank you in advance if you do, otherwise i understand and thanks anyhow. :)
[Shared]
description="Transfer No Drops Thru Your Shared Bank"
version="2005.12.07"
address0=519049
normal0="0F 8D 91 00 00 00"
crack0="E9 92 00 00 00 90"

no was under a diff name that <i know im stupid> was the same name as my toon, so never posted now that i got a diff subscription i can finally speak

Sylandra said:
Codecaster, in case no one has told you lately:

YOU DO GOOD WORK!!!

That is all. Thanks for listening. =P

I dont post very often but I'm always here and been so for a while But he's right YOU DO AND THANKS

Banned twice but lived through it.
EQing Since the East Com. Tunnel selling days (Old school Bazaar days) :D

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.5 *IT'S HERE!*
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back