• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Idea - Cocstco- CRG9 (1 Viewer)

For those of you pushing the Samsung G9, which one is the best for gaming? I've kind of been scrolling through and see SOOO many different models and prices but have reached information overload.
I see OLED, QLED, some kinda mini LED. Different curvatures, refresh rates, RGB values, <Brain Explodes>

With the price drops for Black Friday and Cyber Monday going on I'm tempted to pull the trigger but don't want to get something I won't like. So I figured I ask the experts, or at least you guys. /snicker

I have an Alienware AW3418DW now. Its 34" 3440x1440. Anyone gone from 3440x1440 to a 5120 x 1440? If so what did you think?

Thanks guy,

BB~

For those of you pushing the Samsung G9, which one is the best for gaming? I've kind of been scrolling through and see SOOO many different models and prices but have reached information overload.
I see OLED, QLED, some kinda mini LED. Different curvatures, refresh rates, RGB values, <Brain Explodes>

With the price drops for Black Friday and Cyber Monday going on I'm tempted to pull the trigger but don't want to get something I won't like. So I figured I ask the experts, or at least you guys. /snicker

I have an Alienware AW3418DW now. Its 34" 3440x1440. Anyone gone from 3440x1440 to a 5120 x 1440? If so what did you think?

Thanks guy,

BB~

I was bouncing between a G9 at 5120x1440 and the 38" Alienware AW3821DW at 3840x1600 but ended up with the Alienware. The extra vertical space seems nice for productivity work and it's only mostly monstrously huge so it might still fit on my desk.

I was bouncing between a G9 at 5120x1440 and the 38" Alienware AW3821DW at 3840x1600 but ended up with the Alienware. The extra vertical space seems nice for productivity work and it's only mostly monstrously huge so it might still fit on my desk.
I didn't even know about this monitor. That thing looks HUGE!
Have you set it up yet? If so what do you think?

BB~

Quick update. It's here, it's fantastic, and it's *huge*. Huge enough that it broke my cheap amazon monitor arm when I tried to attach it with the VESA mount. As you can see in the attached picture it really dominates the 42" desk I have it on so I'm probably going to have to give up the dual monitor life. EQ wise I can comfortably run 1 large window and ~3 smaller windows on the screen at once with a 7700X and 4070 while watching youtube on my second monitor. If you're in in the market for a super ultrawide I'd say it's a great option.

1701214255594.png

Quick update. It's here, it's fantastic, and it's *huge*. Huge enough that it broke my cheap amazon monitor arm when I tried to attach it with the VESA mount. As you can see in the attached picture it really dominates the 42" desk I have it on so I'm probably going to have to give up the dual monitor life. EQ wise I can comfortably run 1 large window and ~3 smaller windows on the screen at once with a 7700X and 4070 while watching youtube on my second monitor. If you're in in the market for a super ultrawide I'd say it's a great option.

View attachment 53652
IT looks good man!

BB

Idea - Cocstco- CRG9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back