• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Cleric Merc Question w/ .ini (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hello Everyone!

So I've been trying to fine tune my Cleric Merc with my small box team. I've noticed this in the Kiss Settings,

[Merc] /callassist Settings
This feature will keep your mercenary from attacking until mobs health hits a defined percentage.
Requires you to turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window, which is recommended to keep the merc from prematurely engaging mobs outside of group member radius.

Settings

Values/Mods

What this setting does

MercOn

0/1

0=Off/1=On - Toggles /callassist feature for mercs.

MercAssistAt

1-100

Target health percentage for mercenary to assist at.

Auto Revive

?

?

Now auto detects if your merc is in group when the macro is started and will auto revive if merc dies.

The last section, Auto Revive, how do I get that to work? Is it a feature that is currently available?

Plus, if anyone has any other tips on getting Mercs in general to be more effective (aside from blocking spells) please let me know!

If you have the duration and delayed heals blocked, place cleric merc on reactive. Have at least your tank click off Rallied or Greater Melee Guard between fights to get merc to refresh the buff. Also, mark your group roles. The main tank will get more priority when it comes to heals. Mark the puller so that his antics will not trigger the mercs to soon. If dps merc is out to make sure main assist is up. Last night i was in a group where leaders failed to mark roles. Melee mercs can take more of a beating and can be somewhat safely left on burn even with hate shortage and will stay with or at least closer to the group even if you're moving around. (within auras) Caster merc can get a burst of hate if a Flames of Power, Conjurer's Synergy, Troubadour's Synergy, Dissident Psalm, and other spells so just be aware. Melee merc can get tripped up by Spiteful Lyric ac/hate proc line that bard use. Cleric merc's heals do make use of bard songs that increase crit chance and heal amount. Accelerando line does seem to reduce hate of there heals but i have no idea if it affects recast and global cool down.

Thanks! I've also noticed that changing the melee distance in my ini slightly corrected a problem where my merc would get stuck just out of range

If you can get up the energy take the leap and make a cleric. Even on silver a real cleric will make your Merc look like he’s been afk the entire time.

Then load IHC and it will change your life!

I would, but I have a SHM and I dont want to pay for ANOTHER expansion come December. If I can't complete all of TBL with my box group, I might do it

I would, but I have a SHM and I dont want to pay for ANOTHER expansion come December. If I can't complete all of TBL with my box group, I might do it

I get it for sure! I feel the same come new expansion time. There’s a great 110 shaman ini which will heal the group really well in the resources section. Check it out it’s honestly amazing what it can do for a group. I haven’t finished all the smoke trials yet but the rest should be doable with cleric Merc and shaman in group!

Thanks! Yes, I've copied that ini's heal section entirely almost. It is wonderful! sometimes I feel like I'm trying to have my shaman do too much and when the going gets tough, he will neglect the heal section a little. Maybe I should cut down on DPS some

No, but they're easy to find. you are looking for a promised and a hot. The best place to check is guildhall. Hit a dummy till you take some damage and both will appear. The will not expire until you block them

I run into a bit of a challenge with cleric merc and it is related to this thread.

It follows me around and dies sometime…gets auto reviwed and we move on.
However, sometime autorevive doesn't kick in for some reason and the cleric merc gets suspended.
Does anyone have suggestions?

It seems if the cleric is not reviwed within 5-10 minutes after the reviwe option pops up it switches to suspended status.

Here is my ini:
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=1
MercAssistAt=92

Question - Cleric Merc Question w/ .ini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back