• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Classic EQ items - whats still useful (1 Viewer)

HouseOfX

RedCents
570¢
I'm hoping to get a few topics going that might be helpful to old-timers who have returned to the game after a long absence.

Topic for today...What classic EQ items (that were epic in their day) are still worth having around?

I'll throw a few out there to get the discussion going...

Fungi Tunic
Manastone (unlimited cast)
Circlet of Shadow (instant cast) - still my favorite item from the old days

this is strictly my opinion but,

Fungi tunic's regen is more or less moot when you can be level 75 inside a few hours, and the defiant line of armor beats most old world gear
The manastone is still limited to the old world content that IS NOT updated. Useful, in a small number of zone (which I still find irritating!)
(not trying to knock your choices hoss, just mentioning my opinion that they are more nostalgia then useful, as I own them)

Now some of your epics are still... epic. Most every necro for instance hangs on to thier 2.0/2.5 (depends on how "old school" we are going)
Most folks still collect illusions, especially now that the don't take up bag space
And port clickies are always handy, even the OT hammer.

I'm a mad fan of the Fungi clicky stick, playing through Kunark on RF and not being able to run during fears is excellent.

Then later you add it to your necro alt with the pre-nerf CoS for all the insta clicky love.

Question - Classic EQ items - whats still useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back