• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Class Setup Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
Hello everyone. After many years of not wanting to go the box route, I have decided it is time to take the plunge. I will be setting up the group below but as this is my first real box setup any words of advice would be helpful. In the communities experience, is this a very standard or reliable group? What challenges do you see this group facing as far as being able to get through content? Thank you in advance for the advice.

SK-Zerk-Zerk-Bard-Shm-Clr

Hello everyone. After many years of not wanting to go the box route, I have decided it is time to take the plunge. I will be setting up the group below but as this is my first real box setup any words of advice would be helpful. In the communities experience, is this a very standard or reliable group? What challenges do you see this group facing as far as being able to get through content? Thank you in advance for the advice.

SK-Zerk-Zerk-Bard-Shm-Clr
that is a very respectable group, and you're not going to have much problem doing anything in current era group content wise.

Personally I run 1 healer - cleric or shaman are both fine - shaman has more adps for more dmg, but cleric offers some big heals and "clutch" type stuff - haivng 1 healer and 3 dps is really nice imo, but no reason to think you wouldn't be able to do all content with your crew.

once you hit EoK era, and the focus abilities and synergy focus AA start coming, you will start seeing your zerkers give each other some love, your bard giving everyone love, and you're gonna be a happy camper. for my "main" teams i run either sk/clr/bard/zerk/zerk/bst or war/clr/bard/zerk/zerk/bst - I have recently been working on mq2eskay and REALLY enjoyed the playstyle of an sk since I'm an old school necro main and i absolutely love this group setup, the bst is both a "giver" and a "taker" for adps/buffs - the two zerkers are mainly takers but forced alliance and synergy is great, bard gives huge adps love to them all. gear them for hdex and grind out those AAs and you'll be golden.

Thanks Sic. So the only issue I am running into is that the wife likes to occasionally play the shaman. With that being the case, what setup would you recommend that might accommodate that?

Thanks Sic. So the only issue I am running into is that the wife likes to occasionally play the shaman. With that being the case, what setup would you recommend that might accommodate that?
you're great as is - or you could drop the clr for another dps of just about any flavor - bst (doesn't overlap with shm as much as you think at higher lvls), ranger for some ranged love, monk/rogue for more melee, even mage for some extra pets and utility like rods, coths, pet weapons (they get all the melee goodness from all the melee adps happening from bard, and shm, and zerks).
I always recommend enjoying your group over everything else - just because someone else like a cookie cutter group - that may not be your flavor.

and don't be afraid to experiement - with mq2 its pretty easy xping a dude up to snuff in no time.

I always recommend enjoying your group over everything else - just because someone else like a cookie cutter group - that may not be your flavor.

100%. While new to this community, I've been on EQ since 99, and have helped a great many new players. There may be a class combo that is "needed," but if you don't enjoy that class, then you won't enjoy the game. Play what's fun. (Isn't that why it's called "play"?!)

Question - Class Setup Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back