• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Character dropping to server select on death - not logging out (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,101¢
I actually doubt this is a MQ2 issue but wanted to check with the hive mind.
I have one character that every time the character dies they end up and server select. Does not log out but once I release, boom it goes to server select. I pick the server and usually get an error with unable to authenticate or something and sends me back to log in.

Anyone have any experience with this? On this toon I am running the cwtna necro plugin, No luas running and it is in ISboxer.
I am beating my head against the wall here. Going to try and remove isboxer from the equation for testing but my alt tabbing game sucks so have been delaying. I think mq2autologin has an option for switching windows with hot keys that I will explore.

I checked novadude17's thread from Jan of this year and the issue is different but did check my power settings just because. Though I would expect it to hit all toons and not just one.

Thanks.

I actually doubt this is a MQ2 issue but wanted to check with the hive mind.
I have one character that every time the character dies they end up and server select. Does not log out but once I release, boom it goes to server select. I pick the server and usually get an error with unable to authenticate or something and sends me back to log in.

Anyone have any experience with this? On this toon I am running the cwtna necro plugin, No luas running and it is in ISboxer.
I am beating my head against the wall here. Going to try and remove isboxer from the equation for testing but my alt tabbing game sucks so have been delaying. I think mq2autologin has an option for switching windows with hot keys that I will explore.

I checked novadude17's thread from Jan of this year and the issue is different but did check my power settings just because. Though I would expect it to hit all toons and not just one.

Thanks.
are you running kissassist side-by-side for some reason? there is afk settings there that log you out on death.

or are you running mq2autocamp?
https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2autocamp.98/

Yeah, sometimes you have to take off stuff and then put them back on to see if it was one of them

I would also suggest to reset your modem and do a file verification on that character, and maybe clear the cache on the patcher

There is a bug if you're in a very large guild and in your guild window you have show offline players and that bug causes large delays upon zoning. Might try checking for that

Always check the simple things. Check to make sure your AV isn't messing with anything. Exclude your Redguides, MQ, and Everquest folders.

The other thing i'd suggest you do is run the game without MQ, and try and repeat the issue. This will do well in isolating the problem as you can eliminate some things.

Question - Character dropping to server select on death - not logging out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back