• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Char reccomendations - right place to ask? (1 Viewer)

watisthis

RedCents
581¢
Guys/girls, I have 3 main (gold) characters, 1 with RoS the other 2 with TBL. They are Berserker, Bard, Beastlord, all 110 with GMM / conflag gear.

I have 3 other silver accounts - 105 druid, 105 mage or paladin or rogue, and 105 shaman.

The group I've been running so far is ber/bard/beastlord , with the beastlord pet tanking, with shaman leaching for AA (he's a bit weak right now), cleric merc and rogue merc.

Before I invest any more effort, money or time into this combination, should I dump the silver chars and start up better ones? I really do like the ber/bard/bst combo, and would rather keep them.

ber/bard/bst top notch there

i would perosnally add a gold warrior, and a gold healer, be it shaman or cleric, cleric is the overall stronger healer, but shaman can keep up.

From a tank point of view SK/WAR for group content is really up to players choice. Either of them are very capable of handling all group content up through TBL, that said an SK can tap and split pull where a WAR Is just brute force. If you go SK use a cleric (IMO). the temp hp buff SK's have offsets the shammy one and the beast is overall more dps and added group helper. Warriors work great with the added buffs a shammy brings as well as the temp HP buff with a great hp aura, as far as dps since you already have 1 berserker I would add another and look into mq2berzerker plugin. with a beast and bard 2 zerkers will make quick work of mobs.

Again this is just my opinion, I play both a warrior and a shadow knight with shammy and cleric. its just worked out better for me to have shammy in warrior group and cleric in SK's. either way you go make sure to double up your melee for alliance and the new plugin for berserkers just melts things when you double them up.

I like Enc over Brd but people love them some Brds especially for the melee groups. Use that silver Dru to plvl a War/SK, Enc and a Clr since you will be plvling anyways. Then play around with setups. I run a Bst, Ber, Wiz, Enc, Clr, War. But I have a Brd that does just fine and it really does add a lot of dps to my other melee.

Thanks a bunch for the info guys. Looks like it's time to make some new chars. Not sure about making more gold tho, DBG perma banning people for openly playing with MQ on twitch, but happily ignoring 24 boxing on the truebox TLP I played on really rubs me the wrong way.

My main problem is that in 20 years, I have never played a tank. I know that at one point warriors got AE taunt, and they can use some discs to temporarily mitigate lots of damage. I know that at one point shadowknights could use some abilities (coil?) to tank 50 mobs at a time for awesome ae exp. I reckon me playing a tank would be like graduating high school, being given a stack of engineering text books, and be told to design a bridge.

So at this point, I'm thinking Bard Beast Berserker Berserker Shaman War. If I have a particularly tough mob somewhere I can drop 1 from the group (beast prob) and pop a merc cleric.

Does KA do a good enough job at playing a war, or do I need to figuratively go back to school for a month or so?

Thanks a bunch for the info guys. Looks like it's time to make some new chars. Not sure about making more gold tho, DBG perma banning people for openly playing with MQ on twitch, but happily ignoring 24 boxing on the truebox TLP I played on really rubs me the wrong way.

My main problem is that in 20 years, I have never played a tank. I know that at one point warriors got AE taunt, and they can use some discs to temporarily mitigate lots of damage. I know that at one point shadowknights could use some abilities (coil?) to tank 50 mobs at a time for awesome ae exp. I reckon me playing a tank would be like graduating high school, being given a stack of engineering text books, and be told to design a bridge.

So at this point, I'm thinking Bard Beast Berserker Berserker Shaman War. If I have a particularly tough mob somewhere I can drop 1 from the group (beast prob) and pop a merc cleric.

Does KA do a good enough job at playing a war, or do I need to figuratively go back to school for a month or so?
KA is great for a warrior - I love(d) my warrior with KA and if my dudes don't come back - will be likely rocking a warrior again

Question - Char reccomendations - right place to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back