• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

**Catalog Quest Exploit** (1 Viewer)

.b00n.

RedCents
10¢
Pardon my absence.

Anyways, on the troubadour I created around last week, I wanted some nice AA experience and quest experience, so I headed to The Barren Sky to do a Catalog Quest. The Barren Sky Creature Cataloging http://eq2.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?eq2quest=2921. A level 49 troubadour can not take the hits in Barren Sky, especially with everything too high for Shroud, this was not an easy task. However, I managed, and here's how.

Step 1:
Cast a pet. If you are a summoning class, your pet's will do. If not, a companion or collection quest pet will be fine. I used the pet gazer from the collection quest.

step1.JPG

Step 2: Find the mob that you need for your quest. You do not have to be close enough to cast the Catalog ability, just close enough to be able to click on the mob, or use the /target ability. The purpose of this trick is to be able to get the update for a mob that is too far away, or inaccessible because of aggro.

toofar.JPG

Step 3: Target the pet you summoned in step 1. Start the Catalog ability, and before the ability finishes, target the mob you need for your quest. The quest will update.

pfft.JPG

There ya go! Easy experience. At my level, around 25% AA was received. Enjoy. And sorry if the images are too big, or the text is hard to read. I hate paint.

Just an update, was playing around with this more last night, and it works with anything that is a "valid target" so it doesnt have to be your pet, it can even be nearby mobs.

**Catalog Quest Exploit**

Users who are viewing this thread

Back