• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - cant restore window (1 Viewer)

SOMETIMES, the window loc gets messed up and the window appears "off screen". If even after logging out restarting everything the window STILL is missing, try this:

1)Log out all Characters.
2)Shut down MQ2 (or restart comp)
3)Without MQ2 running, go into you MQ2 realease folder and find the MQ2ChatWnd.ini (not the .dll file) and open it.
4)Scroll thru this file till you find the Char name that is missing the chat window.
5)DELETE all the info (including Char name) under that characters name to the next characters name.
6)Save file
7)Load Characters and MQ2 normally....the chat window SHOULD now be back.

SOMETIMES, the window loc gets messed up and the window appears "off screen". If even after logging out restarting everything the window STILL is missing, try this:

1)Log out all Characters.
2)Shut down MQ2 (or restart comp)
3)Without MQ2 running, go into you MQ2 realease folder and find the MQ2ChatWnd.ini (not the .dll file) and open it.
4)Scroll thru this file till you find the Char name that is missing the chat window.
5)DELETE all the info (including Char name) under that characters name to the next characters name.
6)Save file
7)Load Characters and MQ2 normally....the chat window SHOULD now be back.

worked thank you for the help

I just came back from a small break and my mq2 chat window seems to have disappeared as well after I updated my mq2. I tried unloading the loading the plugin again as well as erasing the ini method. Is there any other way to bring back that window? I am running mq2wire and mq2zerker if that matters.

So for the last few weeks, I have been doing /mqchat reset every time I log on. Is there a way so that it just comes back up again? I thought I read somewhere that they were making a patch or doing something to repair this issue. I have the most up to date patch on very vanilla and all of my mq2 plugins.
It is not a big deal as I have now made a hot button on every toon to just bring it up as part of me putting them in the group but wondering if this is in the repair Q?

So for the last few weeks, I have been doing /mqchat reset every time I log on. Is there a way so that it just comes back up again? I thought I read somewhere that they were making a patch or doing something to repair this issue. I have the most up to date patch on very vanilla and all of my mq2 plugins.
It is not a big deal as I have now made a hot button on every toon to just bring it up as part of me putting them in the group but wondering if this is in the repair Q?
yup. in this thread folks talk about unloading the plugin, then deleting the relevant ini, then reloading the plugin to re-create the ini - this should fix the need to reset it

Once you use the RedGuidesLauncher.Exe (without having MQ or EQ running), Login (opens a tab on your browser that does not need to remain open), <Settings>, adjust the MacroQuest2 directory (to your existing MQ2 release folder), <Check for Updates>, <Very Vanilla>, [x] Launch EQBCS with MQ2 as needed, <Install>, <Launch MQ2> that should resolve itself and restore your MQ2chat window to whatever size / location you set it at.

Problem - cant restore window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back