• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Can't login to accounts? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
988¢
Wanted to check and see if anyone else is having this issue.

Earlier last night, I was running my toons and had a couple crash. When I tried to log them in again via the RedGuides launcher, it said "This account needs to be active in order to play" or something along those lines. I subsequently lost access to all of my accounts in the same way.

When I try to log them in directly via the Launcher, it just says there was an error completing my request and to try again later. When I try to login to the EQ website, it says Invalid credentials for all my accounts.

No messages, no e-mails or anything about a suspension/ban, but obviously that is my main concern. Is anybody else having or has had a similar issue? Hoping all my accounts didn't just get taken out, but I'm not sure. Even had one account hit that I only play on TLP and that has never had MQ loaded.

If you have any idea what might be going on, let me know! Thanks.

Earlier last night, I was running my toons and had a couple crash. When I tried to log them in again via the RedGuides launcher, it said "This account needs to be active in order to play" or something along those lines. I subsequently lost access to all of my accounts in the same way.

When I try to log them in directly via the Launcher, it just says there was an error completing my request and to try again later. When I try to login to the EQ website, it says Invalid credentials for all my accounts.

No messages, no e-mails or anything about a suspension/ban, but obviously that is my main concern. Is anybody else having or has had a similar issue? Hoping all my accounts didn't just get taken out, but I'm not sure. Even had one account hit that I only play on TLP and that has never had MQ loaded.

"this accounts needs to be active in order to play"

is this a new account? you need to log in via the EQ launcher and accept terms and conditions

> What is a Valid Subscription <

Last edited:
"this accounts needs to be active in order to play"

is this a new account? you need to log in via the EQ launcher and accept terms and conditions

> What is a Valid Subscription <
In those cases though, it wouldn't let them login from the getgo until the person logged into the launcher and accepted EULA. You also get this message with a ban. Not a suspension, but an actual hard ban. You may or may not receive an email about it, and if you do, it could be the next day. Are we to assume that since they crashed in the night, you were most likely AFK automating?

In those cases though, it wouldn't let them login from the getgo until the person logged into the launcher and accepted EULA. You also get this message with a ban. Not a suspension, but an actual hard ban. You may or may not receive an email about it, and if you do, it could be the next day. Are we to assume that since they crashed in the night, you were most likely AFK automating?
I was online when they crashed. No GM checks or anything like that.

Edit: I have had one account banned before, and when I tried to login via the Launcher it said "This account has been banned for cheating." Now it just says "Error completing your request." So I have no idea.

I was online when they crashed. No GM checks or anything like that.

Edit: I have had one account banned before, and when I tried to login via the Launcher it said "This account has been banned for cheating." Now it just says "Error completing your request." So I have no idea.

I realize an older thread but...

Some of them had 2FA set :(

The weird thing is, I actually still have 1 of the accounts logged into the game that never crashed and am playing fine. When I try to login via the launcher or the website with that account, I get the same message as the other accounts that I cannot log back in.

If I were banned, could my toon still be in the game? I hate DPG sometimes.

Some of them had 2FA set :(

The weird thing is, I actually still have 1 of the accounts logged into the game that never crashed and am playing fine. When I try to login via the launcher or the website with that account, I get the same message as the other accounts that I cannot log back in.

If I were banned, could my toon still be in the game? I hate DPG sometimes.

No, if you were banned, the toon would not be in the game. By any chance have you checked file integrity to make sure one the files did not get corrupted?

There are many server scramble issues going on right now so I would put this down to "them". In the past players said changing your password in EQ would fix it but when something like this goes whacky then I hate to mess with stuff further so I never tested that.

You could just shut everything down (computer included) and run a file verification after getting signed in to patcher. But I totally understand not wanting to let go of the one that is still in game

I don't think you are banned or suspended.

There are many server scramble issues going on right now so I would put this down to "them". In the past players said changing your password in EQ would fix it but when something like this goes whacky then I hate to mess with stuff further so I never tested that.

You could just shut everything down (computer included) and run a file verification after getting signed in to patcher. But I totally understand not wanting to let go of the one that is still in game

I don't think you are banned or suspended.
Tax The Rich GIF by INTO ACTION
Wednesday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

I had that happen before and it was one of their servers that was having issues. It resolved itself a day later. Changing password did not help. I thought I was hacked but was relieved it was them.

A friend of mine who ran a ton of accounts a few years back had this happen to him. What it ended up being was a hardware ID ban across all of his accounts. Anytime he tried to make a new account or log into a new account it said what you are getting now. I wish you the best but that may be the case. They usually execute this for a number of reasons. But you have to be on a "watch list" for a while, flagged for unusual activity on a few accounts. Also heavy RMT over a period of years using common methods instead of scrambling your sales will link it as well. I don't have all the facts as to what will trigger it but I know from what he figured out it was quite deep.

This may just be an error on the servers part. But I'm not experiencing it myself. Best of luck.

Edit: Oh another key indicator was he was still able to be logged in on all of his accounts, i.e never booted off. But couldn't log in at all if he tried a fresh log in. And once he got booted off never got back in etc.

A friend of mine who ran a ton of accounts a few years back had this happen to him. What it ended up being was a hardware ID ban across all of his accounts. Anytime he tried to make a new account or log into a new account it said what you are getting now. I wish you the best but that may be the case. They usually execute this for a number of reasons. But you have to be on a "watch list" for a while, flagged for unusual activity on a few accounts. Also heavy RMT over a period of years using common methods instead of scrambling your sales will link it as well. I don't have all the facts as to what will trigger it but I know from what he figured out it was quite deep.

This may just be an error on the servers part. But I'm not experiencing it myself. Best of luck.

Edit: Oh another key indicator was he was still able to be logged in on all of his accounts, i.e never booted off. But couldn't log in at all if he tried a fresh log in. And once he got booted off never got back in etc.
Hmm...what is a hardware ID ban? Is that different than an IP ban?

Hmm...what is a hardware ID ban? Is that different than an IP ban?
Ya bascially links all your shit together based on your hardware ID hash on your current PC. IP can be bypassed by vpns etc. So basically anytime you sign into an account now it'll ban it and give you that error. In a nutshell they use it to get rid of people they've been watching a long time and are certain they don't want back. If this happens to be your case based on what the GM says or w/e, they'll watch you, any krono trades, transfers, things that are documentable. So once you move something like kronos to another account on a fresh thing that'll be banned as well. This may not be your case I don't know, but if it is, they'll come down hard more than likely.

Ya bascially links all your shit together based on your hardware ID hash on your current PC. IP can be bypassed by vpns etc. So basically anytime you sign into an account now it'll ban it and give you that error. In a nutshell they use it to get rid of people they've been watching a long time and are certain they don't want back. If this happens to be your case based on what the GM says or w/e, they'll watch you, any krono trades, transfers, things that are documentable. So once you move something like kronos to another account on a fresh thing that'll be banned as well. This may not be your case I don't know, but if it is, they'll come down hard more than likely.
Wow, I can't imagine I've done anything to warrant something like that, but they're definitely unpredictable.

So if that were the case, I'd have to buy a new PC if I wanted to play EQ at all?

I logged in an account I don't play as much on that PC no problem, so does that make a hardware ban less likely? Still no response from them. Thanks for the info.

Wow, I can't imagine I've done anything to warrant something like that, but they're definitely unpredictable.

So if that were the case, I'd have to buy a new PC if I wanted to play EQ at all?

I logged in an account I don't play as much on that PC no problem, so does that make a hardware ban less likely? Still no response from them. Thanks for the info.

That does make a hardware ban less likely imo. Have you tried to relog in to that account again? Have you tried to make a new account?

That does make a hardware ban less likely imo. Have you tried to relog in to that account again? Have you tried to make a new account?
Still can't log into other accounts, still no reply to my ticket. Made a new account and logged it in no problem. Can still log in to the account I don't use frequently. The one toon that was in-game remains in-game.

Last edited:
Still can't log into other accounts, still no reply to my ticket. Made a new account and logged it in no problem. Can still log in to the account I don't use frequently. The one toon that was in-game remains in-game.
Have you tried exiting game on that account, and relogging in? What were your toons doing at the time, or recently before that happened? Regardless of whether or not you are actively monitoring.

Have you tried exiting game on that account, and relogging in? What were your toons doing at the time, or recently before that happened? Regardless of whether or not you are actively monitoring.
No, I can't log in on any of the others so I assume it would be the same on that one and it might be my last chance to play him lol.

A couple of them were just sitting in POK, some of them were EXP'ing in GD. Nothing too crazy.

No, I can't log in on any of the others so I assume it would be the same on that one and it might be my last chance to play him lol.

A couple of them were just sitting in POK, some of them were EXP'ing in GD. Nothing too crazy.
GD is an open zone and ToV was just added to the F2P list of expansions to have access. Possibly reported? GMs can observe and don't need even to ask/check in on you. Could have been watching and saw you were blatant. You never received any DBG email?

GD is an open zone and ToV was just added to the F2P list of expansions to have access. Possibly reported? GMs can observe and don't need even to ask/check in on you. Could have been watching and saw you were blatant. You never received any DBG email?
No e-mails, absolutely nothing. The toons in POK were affected by this as well, so would have needed to be something more than just observing my toons and getting rid of them.

Totally weird, they got back to me and said it was an issue on their end and that they ran a fix. I am now able to log in to half my accounts, the other half are banned for cheating when I go to login through the launcher. :confused: think I may be done with EQ for awhile.

Interestingly what we said earlier. The CS team probably reviewed the ones you got back. Maybe GM did not give any evidence, or was lazy in his actions providing "proof" of cheating or whatever. Who knows. Which accounts did you get back? Can you extrapolate data from those?

When I had this happen to me EQ wanted me to accept some agreement and add a phone number to my account, but my ad blocker was taking out the modal popup used to fill out the information in the website. It never didn't let me login though. However. A hardware ID ban through the website is HIGHLY unlikely. Chrome won't even allow you to collect that information at all. It runs in a kind of virtual machine sandbox and that's the hardware ID they'd receive.

Problem - Can't login to accounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back