• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Cannot see MQ Overlay windows post DX11 patch (1 Viewer)

RedCents
903¢
Hey folks I didn't see another thread about this - but logging in today - I cannot see any of the MQ menus/plugins. They are running, I can get status in the MQ Chat window. But the pop up windows / little black bars that you can expand are not showing up.

For example when I log in MQGrind has output in the MQ window...I can do a /grind help it spits out all the stuff into the MQ chat window. But do a /grind show and nothing shows up anywhere onscreen...

wth am i doing wrong?

I verified dannet is working, I can send commands between toons.
I did a /grind list and it popped out all the runs available
I installed a new copy of EQ in another folder, logged in same issue.

TEMP SOLUTION: Looks like Fraps and RivaTuner are messing with the overlays. Turning them off seems to resolve the issue for the moment.

Last edited:
check for third party programs that might be interfering with the game.

for example, just caught a case of riva tuner breaking the overlay. its not like this stuff wasn't on test server for months or anything. 🤷‍♂️

Confirmed - turning Riva Tuner off resolved the issue. If there is anything you might want to look at log/debug wise let me know I'll be glad to share. I had also updated my NV drivers so I was wondering about that being the issue at one point as well.

The entire reason I started fiddling with things was in ISBoxer I started getting horrible framerates....like slideshow on a 4090. Running 1 or 2 instances of EQ in ISBoxer was decent but 3+ I started getting 16FPS or less.

Last edited:
Glad you got it figured out Mage. brainiac talked me through this on Discord the other night and was able to trouble shoot it to the same thing. Weird the change to DX11 made things like that screwy.

BB~

FIXED - following the advice from BlueBug - ty ty

My MQ2 window was "thrown" to the top so much that I cannot grab it to move it down. To try to fix that it is now stretched above and below so I can't even make it any smaller - it is taking up my whole screen and I can't grab it - hope that makes sense. Does anyone know a work around or fix? I camped out, restarted the game - still has the mq2 window out of bounds. TY for any help!

Last edited:
My MQ2 window was "thrown" to the top so much that I cannot grab it to move it down. To try to fix that it is now stretched above and below so I can't even make it any smaller - it is taking up my whole screen and I can't grab it - hope that makes sense. Does anyone know a work around or fix? I camped out, restarted the game - still has the mq2 window out of bounds. TY for any help!
Are you able to see the top bar of the window at all?

BB~

No, it is gone from view - not seeing it at all. I tried fullscreen view and windowed. Gone in both
[Window][MacroQuest Console]
ViewportPos=1920,0
ViewportId=0xDA874036
Size=639,714
Collapsed=0

Log out and close MQ then try-
Copy your MacroQuest_Overlay.ini from the config folder someplace safe. Then copy the above in place of your [Window][MacroQuest Console]. I'm pretty sure that for the imgui console window. Would set it to top right to that x,y so it should be visible.

BB~

ViewportPos=1920,0
ViewportId=0xDA874036
Size=639,714
Collapsed=0

Copy your MacroQuest_Overlay.ini from the config folder someplace safe. Then copy the above in place of your [Window][MacroQuest Console]. I'm pretty sure that for the imgui console window. Would set it to top right to that x,y so it should be visible.

BB~
i'll try that - was thinking of having to delete her ini and start over and get a fresh screen - ty!

ViewportPos=1920,0
ViewportId=0xDA874036
Size=639,714
Collapsed=0

BB~
I can't figure out where to paste that - when I search in windows macroquest doesn't come up. When I open MQ folder from the launcher, I don't see a place to paste it?

It is not allowing a paste function there. I am sure I am doing something wrong but I tried copy - and then go to that spot and "paste" isn't highlighted like an option I have
Did you edit the file BB mentioned with notepad or something similar? If you're not sure/comfy editing it, you may want to try the resolution option in the other thread about this. I now several folks who dont like to mess with file editing =)

Did you edit the file BB mentioned with notepad or something similar? If you're not sure/comfy editing it, you may want to try the resolution option in the other thread about this. I now several folks who dont like to mess with file editing =)
i was resoluting every possible size but always this is thrown out of bounds. I guess resoluting is not a word :D

i was resoluting every possible size but always this is thrown out of bounds. I guess resoluting is not a word :D
Ahh, I may see issue for you. BB is using viewports and you likely are not. Try replacing the entry in your macroquest_overlay.ini file with

INI:
Pos=178,497
Size=523,228
Collapsed=1

Thats the bottom left corner for me.

Problem - Cannot see MQ Overlay windows post DX11 patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back