• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Can you buy the general chat channel with DB currency? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
616¢
I was trying to spend some DB currency during the sale, and was looking for something that would allow my FTP character to use the general chat channel. I couldn't find anything, and was wondering if I just missed it somewhere.

Does anyone know if this is something you can purchase?

in a way. If you bought a subscription lol but not with daybreak cash

Its only for paying accounts or accounts that went Silver

And the sale is over. Only thing left on sale is the Frostfell themed stuff

Question on this. Does your account still go Silver for for anything or like $10 worth of DBC? Or better possibility, if you pop a krono on the account to get the autogranted AAs, and just let it expire does the account revert to Silver and then you permanent have access to the general chat channels?

There is another post specifically talking about what it takes to get a Silver account now.

It seems people were getting varied results, some of the factors are:

1) paying for subs with CC or Krono
2) buying something while subbed (the biggest thing people spoke about was purchasing the ability to use RK II spells as silver, which I did not know you could do)
3) Age of the account.

It seems the ability to actually revert to Silver from Gold instead of reverting to Bronze was kinda all over.

I have one Gold (pay with CC) and a Silver that was silver from WAY back in the day when they first offered it, I have access to general on my Gold. My only recommendation is maybe farm a krono, or flat out pay for a month of EQ, and then if you can buy something off the DBC store like maybe buy another 500 DBC, then see what happens when the krono expires.

There is another post specifically talking about what it takes to get a Silver account now.

It seems people were getting varied results, some of the factors are:

1) paying for subs with CC or Krono
2) buying something while subbed (the biggest thing people spoke about was purchasing the ability to use RK II spells as silver, which I did not know you could do)
3) Age of the account.

It seems the ability to actually revert to Silver from Gold instead of reverting to Bronze was kinda all over.

I have one Gold (pay with CC) and a Silver that was silver from WAY back in the day when they first offered it, I have access to general on my Gold. My only recommendation is maybe farm a krono, or flat out pay for a month of EQ, and then if you can buy something off the DBC store like maybe buy another 500 DBC, then see what happens when the krono expires.
I've not found a single 'way' that works with a 'new' account created in the last 6 months. Any accounts created years ago (VOA era) will revert to silver after any paid sub. in my experience. New ones not so much.

I've not found a single 'way' that works with a 'new' account created in the last 6 months. Any accounts created years ago (VOA era) will revert to silver after any paid sub. in my experience. New ones not so much.

That is what I gathered from that post, is it might be an age of when the account was created. But after I made my first comment, I happened to see that article and read all the comments. I think without direct input from DBC clarifying, or someone creating a FTP account now, and then actively being able to A) get it to go Silver and then B) them or someone else repeating with the same actions.

My one Silver account is from even before you could just pay to have it be Silver (IIRC $10). I think I got it when the Titanium edition was available just because I wanted one box to buff my main box. I do have new FTP accounts, and interested is when/if I can start popping a krono now and another later and then buy something from the DBC etc, and test the theories in that post.

That post says you can by Rk II spells for FTP accounts for like 750 DBC which I didn't know. I am interested into looking into that, as I get into boxing.

That is what I gathered from that post, is it might be an age of when the account was created. But after I made my first comment, I happened to see that article and read all the comments. I think without direct input from DBC clarifying, or someone creating a FTP account now, and then actively being able to A) get it to go Silver and then B) them or someone else repeating with the same actions.

My one Silver account is from even before you could just pay to have it be Silver (IIRC $10). I think I got it when the Titanium edition was available just because I wanted one box to buff my main box. I do have new FTP accounts, and interested is when/if I can start popping a krono now and another later and then buy something from the DBC etc, and test the theories in that post.

That post says you can by Rk II spells for FTP accounts for like 750 DBC which I didn't know. I am interested into looking into that, as I get into boxing.
You will need to buy the RK II spell thing while the accounts are FTP. It does not show up in marketplace as something you can purchase on Paid accounts.

Personally, I don't find a huge difference between the RK 1 and RK II so I skipped buying that on my FTPs.

I saved the money instead to get a krono for one month for them to get all the AA. And if you time it for bonus exp you can get some extra AA for tradeskills or even levels. I think the next bonus time should be in Feb or Anniversary in March.

You will need to buy the RK II spell thing while the accounts are FTP. It does not show up in marketplace as something you can purchase on Paid accounts.

Personally, I don't find a huge difference between the RK 1 and RK II so I skipped buying that on my FTPs.

I saved the money instead to get a krono for one month for them to get all the AA. And if you time it for bonus exp you can get some extra AA for tradeskills or even levels. I think the next bonus time should be in Feb or Anniversary in March.
If the RK II spells are desirable, grab them when you sub via krono.

If the RK II spells are desirable, grab them when you sub via krono.
this was mainly a comment to see if you could get silver. But I thought even when you buy the RK II spells if you go to a non-sub/non-krono account (example: the krono expires) even if you have Rk II spells the game casts the rank 1 version

this was mainly a comment to see if you could get silver. But I thought even when you buy the RK II spells if you go to a non-sub/non-krono account (example: the krono expires) even if you have Rk II spells the game casts the rank 1 version
Here is how it works.

You have a FTP account. So on that account you buy the Rank II potion from the marketplace. Your FTP character can now meme/scribe and cast RK II spells forever and a day. FTP are the only accounts that can buy the Rank II upper in marketplace.

Same account but you have not yet bought the Rank II potion and you pop a Krono for a month. Now, you cannot buy the Rank II potion from marketplace because it will not show up for paying accounts. But You can mem/scribe Rank II during that month and put them on your spell gems. When you go back to non paying, be it FTP or Silver it will only cast Rank I.

Lots of folks have posited lots of theories on how to make it happen. I just haven't seen any one consistent way that ensures that it happens. And some of them probably do have silver accounts once the krono or paid period ends. I have no doubt at all that sometimes it works. Exactly what they did to make it work is not consistently repeatable. As a rule of thumb the difference between rank 1 and rank 2 is insignificant unless everything else is maxed.

Question - Can you buy the general chat channel with DB currency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back