• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Buying EQ Platinum (1 Viewer)

Bitstormy

RedCents
Although this thread has no connection to Mq2 or any hacks of any kinds, I seem to have drawn attention to my Oldest nine year EQ1 account and over the last three weeks have bought platinum from internet sellers. I went to log into my account today and have been banned or suspended it doesnt say yet and ive had one email with no info except saying purchase of Platinum. I know many do it and I have many times but they seem to have cracked down now and im out of the game. So Heads up and I hope this info seriously helps someone.

TTFN..........

when you purchased the plat, when they traded it to you did they have you offer them a item, like your buying something?

At the SoE FF they said that there was is a team of guys set up called NUGIT "Northern Under Ground Investigation Team" & that there way of banning is to get a report of plat spamming or bot farming or whatever & then track what accounts you give the plat loot too, threw 15 -20 accounts & what account they link to & so on, Then banning hundreds if not thousands of accounts in steed of the 1 or 2. they had a video & all to go along with their speech, I think it was the night of the address & was about a 5-10 minute thing. I wish I'd of had my camera with me.

It could be that you got sweet up in that

They have been able to track sellers for a LONG TIME. I once had the plat I purchased off a big seller on PA taken about 20 minutes after the transaction took place. I was in Bazaar Mode, sold pods of water for 10k each to a trader. I then spent some of it and went to the bank and 10 seconds later Lydrea pops in and questions me about doing a trade with a known plat seller and takes the plat and crashes me to server select. Fortunately back then I was not banned, but I did manage to take a screen shot and proved to the sell how much I lost, and they reimbursed me.

I am pretty sure that SoE knows who the plat farmers are and the accounts they use, but they are using them to help catch the people that are buying, and perhaps holding off from banning the sellers as much, till they get the buyers nailed. This was back in 2005 or 2006 so I can imagine they have improved the way they track it.

Its quite funny they have tracking gold sellers down, but they absolutely suck at catching hackers. I warped zoned and afk macroed for a good 4 years before being caught, and that was probably because i level a monk to max level with a couple thousand AA in a month haha. (Probably caught the eye of a guildmate and got reported.) Anyhow, plat buying = bad. Run an afk macro in a zone that has lots of gem drops and just farm the hell outta it. Probably get 25k or so a day with strieght pp loots. I know with my Ponightmare macro i would pull in about 100k or so a week, and pull in about 50 AA a day. (That was back when 50 AA was hard to obtain... now a days would probably be closer to 100 AA a day.) Happy hunting... a hacker should never pay for his plat.

when you purchased the plat, when they traded it to you did they have you offer them a item, like your buying something?

When I received the delivery they didnt ask for any kind of trade no, And they are reported to be a reputable company......

Its quite funny they have tracking gold sellers down, but they absolutely suck at catching hackers. I warped zoned and afk macroed for a good 4 years before being caught, and that was probably because i level a monk to max level with a couple thousand AA in a month haha. (Probably caught the eye of a guildmate and got reported.) Anyhow, plat buying = bad. Run an afk macro in a zone that has lots of gem drops and just farm the hell outta it. Probably get 25k or so a day with strieght pp loots. I know with my Ponightmare macro i would pull in about 100k or so a week, and pull in about 50 AA a day. (That was back when 50 AA was hard to obtain... now a days would probably be closer to 100 AA a day.) Happy hunting... a hacker should never pay for his plat.

Thats funny because i have been using mq2 for ages with warping, zoning, and some active hacks also like docrack and stuff and they get me for buying 200k platt, received on the end of their email that i didnt notice before was their comment about the fact they have it confirmed I had been dealing with buying or selling Platinum and or accounts and my account was suspended for a min of three days with a view of a total ban. Will have to wait and see what happens but I def wont be buying plat again in any instance and I wont be starting a new account as it just takes to long to get a half descent char....

Ouch 200k only and get nabbed.:mad:

Seems theyd rather have us ingame hacking/macroing/farming for an extra week or so than spending it on the outside source.

i bought a mill a few months ago, and they had me trade some items to make it look like i was selling them.... was stupid shit like water and bread, and a gem if i had it... sorry you got the hammer bro

and i forgot to mention, did they give it to you in gold, copper or silver? or just PP? mine was in gold

They gave me the money in Plat and didnt ask for any kind or trade i know some i have traded with many years ago have ask for a small item of low value for trade and some have even asked me to set up as a trader before but these didnt and i think that was my downfall as i traded with them twice in a month and if they are watching trades like that with a grp of people rdy to pounce then I can see i had made myself an easy target for the Soe team, silly me, lol i def need to wake up, I still have anoher day left yet to see if my acc is perm banned or just suspended, so it maybe good bye eq any ways, i have spent nine years of my life playing the game and maybe this is meant to be a sign to stop and do some living hehe...... any ways, thanks everyone for the replies and good luck in your travels.......

I did this when I first started playing again after 5 years. Bought 300k plat, gave half to my wife.

Within a few days, they had removed all money and gear from my main, and reduced my level from 51 to 2 (hah!) and took the money my wife had left over about 90k. They left her level and gear.

The GM who did it sent a personal email telling me he's not restoring my level, money or gear and don't do it again.

This was before I found out that 300k is really not much. The company I bought from (Gamingnook) refunded the purchase and said they would not be selling anymore from EQ1 til they could figure a safe way to deliver it.

so anyone know a safe place to but pp at? i bought some a few months ago never had any problems but now this has me worried

I am wondering why they would care about buying plat?

Myself, I have more real life money than farming time.

Its hard on the crappy economy we have, especially since plat has such limited uses nowadays. Mercs and some twink gear. They mudflated everything with Defiant gear you can get by pretty easy. Personally I wouldnt risk it.

I'm curious what you would need a lump of plat like that for these days anyway?

Make a few Runs through Sleepers Tomb = lotsa gems, Takes very little time.

Yeah they sure are, was just curious what folks needed to be buying plat for these days. There are still ways to make plat reasonably and legitimately. Coupled with the power of being 85 Mass killing in older zones, specifically velious can net alot of plat in gems in a short time.

Hiyas, just as an update, im sure sony are watching my account as they gave me it back after a suspension but i have found the web site 'ourplat' im prob asking for trouble but i just dont have time to farm as sony expect me to. This company seem good. http://www.ourplat.com/thankyou.php they have advertised within eq itself and they only trade by trader window as in they get you set up as a trader and buy an item from you, they have been speedy and reliable for me twice now and Ive had no issues from Sony with this atm, its been a few weeks since i used them and have had no comeback.

I've sold them about 5 million plat over the past couple months. They log on quickly and set up a vendor with garbage to take it, and they pay with PayPal very very quickly. Seem very professional.

Buying EQ Platinum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back