• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Burning lands resists

joojoobee

A Member to Remember
RedCents
4,237¢
Quick question... is it best to use fire to ice spells (wiz and mage) for Burning Lands?

Probably a stupid question, but I am redoing my inis for my classes.

JJB

Wait till after the patch today before you decide, they are nerfing the crap out of NPC DDs and AoEs. To many complaining about 100K DD and 128K+ 4 tick AoEs. I personally, found those T2 mobs to be challenging but not over the top.

That's good re bringing down the DD and AoEs of the NPCs.

But my question was... are the MOBs mostly fire resist? Therefore should one switch the rotations to slightly more ice based? Like, for instance, they added some water based spells to Mage set... implying fire resists make mages less effective (so they give them water based spells which I presume have ice resist checks).

heh, I found the T1 stuff very hard in non-raid gear.

Of course, had what named I could spawn were stolen by the raid geared folks so...only had a few I could truly test.

I miss the Rathe Travel Agency =P

To your post JJ;

ICE ftw!

I looked at damage on my wizzys and rangers and found without tash ICE was the winner! Makes sense like you said!

PS: Just go straight to T2 zones!

Question - Burning lands resists

Users who are viewing this thread

Back