• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Best solo or duo right now? Will be on FV. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,153¢
What would you all recommend for the best solo or duo class right now? I have my SK max AA and raid gear. But man is DPS painfully slow. Would anyone care to recommend a solo or duo that I might enjoy achievement hunting on? I am starting to theorize that why I periodically leave is I get frustrated having to lug my crew around.

I agree. My sk has zero raid gear and I survive anything group related. Are you sure you are using it right? Not trying to be a smart ass and I mean no insult when I say this but with superior gear to me and considering I have no problems I am stumped. Are you trying to do crazy things? What exactly is the problem?

I agree. My sk has zero raid gear and I survive anything group related. Are you sure you are using it right? Not trying to be a smart ass and I mean no insult when I say this but with superior gear to me and considering I have no problems I am stumped. Are you trying to do crazy things? What exactly is the problem?
I'm in no way struggling to survive - I'm just slow at killing. Everything is slow paced. I can solo some Burning Lands even without too much issue. It's that everything takes an hour to die.

I'm in no way struggling to survive - I'm just slow at killing. Everything is slow paced. I can solo some Burning Lands even without too much issue. It's that everything takes an hour to die.

In a solo situationif you increase DPS by using a different class, you decrease survivability. I honestlydomt know of a better solo melee class than SK.

EQ has never been meant to be a solo game. Mobs at the highest levels have a bazillion HP. If you are intent on soloing, it is going to take a while to kill the mobs.

Sk + Shm or BST. Shammy will be easier DoT, Pet, 2.0, Lion/Panther whatever the latest proc buff is, if you need to root/punt any adds. Slows if you want, get a named (if you need extra healing) pop a dps and cleric mercs.

Group Geared Warrior + Shaman - Tier 1 ToV trash
A dire wolf in 41s, 18299k @446322sdps | #1 Warrior 14407k@(351.4k dps in 41s) [78.73%] | #2 Shaman + pets 3893k@(105.2k dps in 37s) [21.27%]

40 second kills ain't too shabby - I'd imagine an SK could do much better than that

Alright. Yall got me worked up ready to get back to my SK.

Who can recommend and efficiency build/ rotation for SK that maximizes DPS? And one for tanking?

The best I found (and have been using) is from 2017 and just using the updated spell / disc lines.

I have a macro like that that fade my whole group. You have to adjust it, depends on the class that you play in your group.
I use it often when i play in ToFS, when during a pull, my mob warp to another floor and start to make a train.

Can't post it right now (i am at work), but i'll do when i ll back at home later today.

Not a macro but a: OH FUCK hotkey!!
I use eqbc specific channels i created for all classes

/multiline ; /bct war //alt act 744; /bct zerk //alt act 8400; /bct mnk //alt act 420 /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BRD]}) /multiline ; /twist off; /alt activate 212 /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[BST]}) /multiline ; /stopcast; /alt activate 421 /noparse /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[CLR]}) /multiline ; /stopcast; /alt activate 464

Mind sharing these “of fuck” macros? I’ve just recently started getting into content that is causing me problems (mostly pathing issues).
I don't mind. I'm waiting on a harddrive reader to be delivered on Wednesday. My laptop died, and I'm banking on the SSD to be able to be read then. Sorry for the delay, I thought I had backed up my data but that was not the case.

Mind sharing these “of fuck” macros? I’ve just recently started getting into content that is causing me problems (mostly pathing issues).
Still scouring for my buttons. When I transferred over, I lost some hotkey. It was not in the client.ini. I can describe what it did though. I will toggle mostly between my SK and Chanter.
-If my tank is taking excess damage and mobs are controlled, I will eqbc / spam cast rune on tank. It significantly mitigates damage.
-Alternatively, if it is a large pull I will call for an AE mez. It should, but I have found if i pull 5-6 orcs in GMM sometimes it misses the mob count and they take out my tank before the chanter starts casting. Not sure if anyone knows why this is? Might need to post .ini.
-All characters I bind = to call tank to FD. In case I am farting around and notice a dip. I try not to use auto-FD.
-If I swap my shaman for my druid I will use standard call for evac.

If I come across it I will let you know :).

Anyone have any others they recommend?

Honestly with Sk, use mq2eskay sic mod or hunter mode, and grab a bst with mq2bst. Toss t1 tov weapons on pet(and conflagrant if u can) use healer merc and rogue merc. the bst does fantastic dps, plus pet dps, plus slows, just drop it on chase mode and blam you run around killing crap

alternately if your wanting pure dps no extras then grab a zerk, but ur better off with the bst/sk runing those two plugins

Strategy - Best solo or duo right now? Will be on FV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back