• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Best puller class (1 Viewer)

When I played live I was the monk in guild and FD made obvious puller, however bards were equal choice (never play them)
When I box solo, beast with pet control, pets are expendable and beast pet I found to be fairly tough but tough to box
Boxed ranger was easier to control but die too fast
just my personel experience

While I use both Bard and Monk if I had to get rid of one it would be the monk. With the bard you get slows, CC, group dps enhancement, mana/health regen, Selos, etc. As stated though, a plate class bard doesnt take hits nearly as well as a leather class monk, and the monks do very nice sustained and burst dps. I personally prefer the added safety/utility that the bard provides over the raw dps from the monk.

Monks are always great pullers.

Bard are only better than a monk at pulling if they are very well geared with Flowing thought and Higher mana pool so they can rock Fading Memories often. Bards are definitely #1 with gear.

The mana pool can post a concern, I can't recall if the Emu servers allow for Out of Combat regeneration, because I am almost positive that regens mana at an increased rate.

He said up to level 65. I believe bards dont get fade until level 67 (I would need to verify) Monks will always be the best due to insta cast FD at the earlier levels. If you want to talk level 90 plus just about any class can be a great puller if they know their toons well enough

Fade comes with Planes of Power. That's why I voiced my concerns about Out of Combat regeneration. If it does exist currently on Emulated Servers, then the bard would be the way to go.

My bard is 65 on RedEmu and has fade. It's ok to have. I can only click it 10x before I need to med OOC. But I also warp all over the place so it doesn't matter, lol.

Spyderz

Remember Spyderz, with MQ2 available, when OOM you can pull a mob, mez it and /fade to reset aggro and the mob should still be there. I use to 15 minute snare on my druid and /fade to get the win.

Best puller class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back