• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Best hacking memory (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Just wanted to share my favorate hacking memories

The year was 2005 and I still had only 1 account and 1 main (a lvl 70 Cleric), and I just stumbled upon MQ2. Ole red guides was just coming around and had the source for MQ2Zone (Released by Mackovellli). I downloaded it and compiled. I then found a couple other hackers on my server (bertoxx) and we took our mains over to Vex Thal. Had 1 group of mains (geared mainly in GoD/OoW gear) and a group of alts. I used the zone plugin to get my cleric into VT (unkeyed) and we proceeded to warp to each named and kill it. After 12 hours of doing this 10 PM to 10 AM we finally got to Aten ah Ra. After an hour long battle (literrally 60 minutes) he died and I got Torch of Judgetment and the turn in for the neck. Damn it was fun, but I hated myself when I had to work at noon... lol.

Worst memory from hacking
Chronic releaseing that damn plugin that crashed entire zones... Some noob got a hold of it and kept crashing PoK over and over. Emergency patch anyone?!?!

My favorite memory for hacking was equipping toons with 500hp mage belts in every slot except two tranquil shurikens as weapons.

When I first saw the light and started hacking around 2004 there was a potion called Crimson Potion or something that you purchased at a vendor in one of the Luclin zones. You could while it was casting have an item in your hand and it would convert to a crimson potion if done right and you cancelled it fast enough. Then you would put that item in the shared bank and next time you logged on it reverted back to the item, and voila! Shared bank exploit. It was from that point on I went down the path of hacking.

Hack that lasted the longest? Had to be the North Ro expedition where you opened two chests and got like 25% aaxp or about 5% xp each time. This had to have lasted over 6 months before people found out. And of course one of my favorites was FHalls since I used that for about 6 months as well to level characters and get over 9k aa's on one, 7.5k on another and 6k on a third.

Best Memory

MonkBug, I loved it because I was able to gear up all of my alts with their 2.0's and Anguish gear without ever having to raid. It was at the end of my time though, when DoDH came out.

Close second was Clockwork monster mission macro.

Worst Memory

Receiving a tell from a GM during TBS with the Barrens macro that allowed you to do the one quest, he caught me in PoK at 75 w/ 1150 aa's and he ended up rolling me back. He was standing beside the spirit shroud when I uncloaked.

Best memory: 6 box'ing ssra temple named. Took forever to kill each one but was a blast. Spending a lot of time scripting afk macros.

Worst memory: Getting 28 of my farming accounts banned in the same day. On 4 different servers. Quit playing shortly after that, until a couple months ago that is. I think DoD was the current expansion when I quit.

yeah, it was basically a loop:
Rich (BB code):
:nd
/nodelay on
/delay 1s
/nodelay off
/delay 1m
/goto :nd

and with nd and at that point in time 2x 2-handed weapons was a LOT of damage ;)

i never hacked on EQ live, dident even know of MQ2.
I learned about MQ2 when i started to play and EMU server and notice some ppl doing strange things, and knew they where cheating but not with what, and searched around and did read, and learned that way about MQ2 and this site and MMOB***

When I used to maintain my own version of Chronics ghostkill I used to go get those Kyv Bows in the Ikkinz trials with like 100dam 30 del. With a few rangers and some warp tanking me and a buddy managed to down all of the MPG Raid trials and eventually all of the Anguish Bosses. Could never quite get through Uqua though :/ Also, find a mob that FD's you (last boss in ikkinz raid 4) and sing one dot song on it, let him fd and would continue to sing your dot song on him. Get 4 bards singing 1 song each and afk for an hour then collect your loots and qvic access!

Best:
When I wrote my first macro ever, the afkbard.mac that ran around in circles. I had to run it in 3rd person for fear of getting physically ill.

What made it so awesome was that it opened up the game world, just by trying to find a place to use it. Playing EQ normally means you spend time in popular zones. If you're doing something shady, as we do here, you're forced to explore and find great little areas that nobody else uses. It brought back a sense of adventure to the game.

Worst:
The Discord server. Loved the server, but people warping on my head to kill me ruined it.

Last edited:
I am enjoying this thread so I deleted a few posts that were getting completely off topic. No offense meant to drexen, AnonymousHero, Sum1 but I just didn't want the thread hijacked in something that has been done to death.

I'm sure it would have come back on topic, but whatever. I deleted my other posts.

Best hacking memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back