• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

best bard weapons for dps (1 Viewer)

wsweaton

RedCents
250¢
I am looking at bard one hander damage ratios and there are lot that are close. Is there a specific combo that does the most dps?

yes 120. I raid a few times a month. Thanks.

Does hooked/mace do more then hooked/axe? Seems like the mace has a lower damage ratio?

And would the TOL reactive luclinite ensanguinied gem of striking damage 18 vs NOS reacative indehiscent fruit damage 19 do more dps?

thanks all!

I second the hooked/fast weapon recommendations. Insane bards will adjust their weapons based on proc damage type (poison/mage resist etc).

So bards have an AA that let guarantee procs for 36 seconds (I think, it's doubled by some other AA). Normally faster weapons proc less per swing. During that 36 seconds a LOT of a bards damage is from procs. In 3 minute burn, I can see proc damage nearing 20%.

FASTER WEAPONS = MORE PROC DPS

For Augs, I'd take the proc over the damage everytime. 1-3 point of weapon dmg isn't really much. A bard's dps is approximately 1/3 dots, 1/3 melee, 1/3 everything else.

Heal proc weapon are also insane on bards. Good bards will have a double heal hammer bandolier with heal procs. If you're short on healing at all, it does make a difference.

Heal proc weapon are also insane on bards. Good bards will have a double heal hammer bandolier with heal procs. If you're short on healing at all, it does make a difference.
This is what I was gonna say. I can't speak to if it's top dps, but it definitely helps and is noticeable when I don't have my bard and his heal hammer going in group. I do the same on my bst.

I thought most of bard dps came from their dots so worrying about weapons might be a game of inches, but maybe I was told wrong.

current meta on live for a raid bard is to use the hooked dagger in the primary and the dmg proc 1HB in the secondary **IF** you regularly have a Beastlord in your raid group to take advantage of the HHE ADPS.

That said, the actual parsable difference between that setup and any other dual wield setup that utilizes T2 NOS raid weapons is very, very small. So honestly, just use what you want, but the people who have nothing better to do than sit and beat on guild hall dummys for 60+ hours at a time have come up with hooked dagger/1HB as the answer.

current meta on live for a raid bard is to use the hooked dagger in the primary and the dmg proc 1HB in the secondary **IF** you regularly have a Beastlord in your raid group to take advantage of the HHE ADPS.

That said, the actual parsable difference between that setup and any other dual wield setup that utilizes T2 NOS raid weapons is very, very small. So honestly, just use what you want, but the people who have nothing better to do than sit and beat on guild hall dummys for 60+ hours at a time have come up with hooked dagger/1HB as the answer.

I also ran this but have been told to put dagger in secondary and hammer/axe in primary via raid guild. Thoughts?

For me, I look at DPS from the group perspective so I don't value individual Bard DPS in isolation. I use 2 piercing weapons for their stun procs (Phantasmal Luclinite Rapier & Spiritual Epee). I know these aren't the top of the top, but my theory is that stunning procs reduces damage to tank, therefore requiring less heals from my Shaman. Then, that allows me to be more flexible with using Shaman modes Hybrid & DPS (CWTN Plugins). The extra boost from DoTs & Nukes from Shaman outweigh the extra DPS other weapons would bring to the group.

I understand extra heals may also do the same thing I'm describing, as well as extra damage. However, I went with stuns.

All tanks get a stun, all melee get a stun (old fear line is a stun equivlent). Id recommend highest dmg, even though, as pointed out its not huge dps.
When im boxing my bard, hes such terrible dps compared to any class hes with. What i do think is beneficial is using stun procs and the stun augs back in the day. If something is stunned* maybe it takes higher damage or defensives are lowered

I run 2x 21 delay weapons, sword and axe. They dont do dumb crap like fool you into healing people, you can have 2x weapons on the same tier with the same delay, both offensive procs. Make sure your type 4 augs are the best available to you and you'll be golden. Bards best dps is their dots and their ADPS. Weapons are a side attraction.

When im boxing my bard, hes such terrible dps compared to any class hes with.
It's tough to judge bard DPS by looking at the group game content. When mobs die in less than 30 seconds, that really handicaps dot classes, of which the bard is most definitely a dot/caster class in the modern game. Melee is just a side show. But you also have to consider all the extra damage that everyone else does with the bard in group. My zerk, for example, does way more dps with the bard in the group, so arguably, that extra dps belongs on the Bard's parse and not the zerks.

It's tough to judge bard DPS by looking at the group game content. When mobs die in less than 30 seconds, that really handicaps dot classes, of which the bard is most definitely a dot/caster class in the modern game. Melee is just a side show. But you also have to consider all the extra damage that everyone else does with the bard in group. My zerk, for example, does way more dps with the bard in the group, so arguably, that extra dps belongs on the Bard's parse and not the zerks.
cause zerker suck! jk. def dont discount ADPS provided. bards add 15-20% as adps

right now primary I have "Virulence, Omiyad's Gift" with phantasmal luclinite gem of striking that gives me a 17.905 ratio. delay / damage: 21/376
and off hand "Blessed Akhevan Shadow Shears" with Indehiscent Fruit that gives me a ratio of 16.316. d/d: 19/310

an axe primary and poker offhand. I have always preferred pokers myself but when a friend offers a free raid weapon i cant say no to that.

best bard weapons for dps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back