• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Bards and procs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
729¢
Ever since Jonthan's, I've always loved procs on my Bard and try to stack as many as possible. We're always looking for items with big proc numbers and augs with the same. This has led me to some curiosity about weighing raw damage vs. procs. For instance, in HoT there's an 8 dmg aug, 7 dmg aug, and 3/4 dmg augs w/280 dmg proc. Seems like regarding the 8 dmg aug vs a 3 dmg aug w/280 dmg proc that 8 dmg aug wins, but what about 7 dmg aug vs 4 dmg w/proc? I would be curious to know what the weight of 1 dmg is vs X dmg in procs? For most classes it's a no brainer that you go for the higher damage but it seems to be a little less clear cut with Bard.

I just thought it would be interesting to hear other people's take or knowledge on this before I take the time to parse it all out.

1 damage on a weapon or type 4 aug is > every proc ever invented. Procs are overrated. they are random and unrelaible... and you can only have 1 proc per swing, so stacking them only has marginal increases. especially when you hit flurry of notes, it almost always procs the mainhand weapon proc. dont over value procs.

I always thought the idea of scaling procs would be great. Meaning, when a proc goes off, every successive proc will do greater damage than the prior proc. Or give each successive proc additional proc properties. This, of course, would cap somewhere

Did some parsing on this for my bard on mischief - For mainhand, the 8 dmg aug is roughly equal to the 4 dmg + proc aug under burn, but the proc aug was a couple % better outside of burns. So I just slapped the 8 dmg aug in offhand.

For offhand, it's no contest. Dmg aug is better.

Did some parsing on this for my bard on mischief - For mainhand, the 8 dmg aug is roughly equal to the 4 dmg + proc aug under burn, but the proc aug was a couple % better outside of burns. So I just slapped the 8 dmg aug in offhand.

For offhand, it's no contest. Dmg aug is better.
This is actually what I have slotted prior to parsing so I expect to come to a similar conclusion.

1 damage on a weapon or type 4 aug is > every proc ever invented.
This is probably true for every other class but Bard's procs are at such a high rate that they're pretty reliable imo.

This is actually what I have slotted prior to parsing so I expect to come to a similar conclusion.

This is probably true for every other class but Bard's procs are at such a high rate that they're pretty reliable imo.

Yeah bard also has spell crit/damage AAs that boost it and relatively low melee damage. It's just a combination that moves us towards using a proc aug in mainhand from pretty much UF on.

bard has an innate proc rate modifier that no other class has, which is why proc augs were better for them for a stretch of expansions.

Discussion - Bards and procs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back