• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard vs Ench (2 Viewers)

RedCents
1,289Ā¢
I know this question has been asked and I read the previous threads, but I wanted to bring this back up because they were more than 3 years old and things might have changed. I'm trying to decide the best approach for my caster group. I play my Bard in my melee group (SK/SHM/BRD/BST/BER/ROG) and love it. Bard is awesome.

However, I have a caster group (SK/CLR/???/MAG/MAG/NEC) and was wondering if I should keep the Bard in there or replace him with my Ench. I don't play an Ench so I don't know their capabilities. I have noticed in my melee group when there are ads the Bard basically stops everything and just mezzes, which can be a little frustrating because I use him mainly for all the buffs.

Thanks for the input and apologies for bring up this topic again.

I know this question has been asked and I read the previous threads, but I wanted to bring this back up because they were more than 3 years old and things might have changed. I'm trying to decide the best approach for my caster group. I play my Bard in my melee group (SK/SHM/BRD/BST/BER/ROG) and love it. Bard is awesome.

However, I have a caster group (SK/CLR/???/MAG/MAG/NEC) and was wondering if I should keep the Bard in there or replace him with my Ench. I don't play an Ench so I don't know their capabilities. I have noticed in my melee group when there are ads the Bard basically stops everything and just mezzes, which can be a little frustrating because I use him mainly for all the buffs.

Not sure what content you're doing, but I'm currently working on a bard for my caster group because the chanter is pretty bleh outside of augmenting burns.

Also vote ENC in that group. I'd also replace the CLR with a DRU, but that's up to you.

I cheat a little (and this obvi depends on your goal for the group), but I run both and let my MAG pet tank in a DRU/ENC/BRD/(some 3 combo of MAG/NEC/WIZ) group. I only really grind with them though; if I wanted to run the harder missions I'd pull in a tank.

I think it depends on what you want. Enchanter is better CC which is really noticeable if you pull more than 4 or 5 mobs, but a bard can do this job just not as quickly as a chanter. For ADPS with casters, enchanter will provide more for burns but a lot less outside of burn situations. Bard adps for casters (other than wiz) is arguably as strong if not stronger than it is for melees. The overhaste aura for swarm pets is a huge dps increase, aria is a spell dmg increase. Same with Shm as a healer in caster groups vs druid, the shm aura hits swarm pets. In terms of personal dps, I find that a bard and chanter do similar personal dps so I consider that a wash.

I've started to use my bard more now that they have reached 125 (+ epic) and started to pick up more gear + AAs.

With a ENC the following was what I would expect to see.
1713214884458.png

With a bard running KissAssist and the rest of the group running CWTN plugins I see the following :-
1713214898059.png

Yes the output from the group with bard is for 1/3 the duration but I've not grinded as much recently as I was concentrating on gearing up the bard but I still think it shows the difference.

I'm still tweaking the bards song lineup as I would like to boost the Druid's performance but so far I am very happy with the improvements.

I'm notorious for hating on Bards. But you said it yourself you have a caster group you want the Enchanter. It's not much of a debate in this situation. If you had a melee DPS group I'd say Bard but this is an Enchanters group.

Enchanter are built for caster groups, but cry a silent tear for no selos. Also dual invis can be achieved with 2 characters but dual invis from bard is really nice.

Mind candy is a 5 hour buff though. If you have a steady source of it, you can snag the buffs, and still love the bard bennies, and live with out the chanter in group. Just saying... no more groups with out a bard for me.

If long term plans are group game only. I 'd go bard. The enchanter just isn't needed for CC and the dps will be far higher with bard.

That said enchanters are fun as hell to play and drive from. And their CC is second to none. but CC isn't really important anymore in group game.

Itā€™s pretty obvious from all the responses here overwhelmingly Enchanter over bard is what most would say.
Bards Seloā€™s is overrated in todayā€™s game with all the guild hall clickies and portals added to the game? Really we have Easy Find and it just takes you to the zone you choose.
Selos was great back in the day but no one is taking all day to get anywhere these days.
Easy Find or guild hall portals get you anywhere you want to be in few clicks anytime you want to be there.
Now with an Enchanter your getting haste mind crack CC and Auroas . Donā€™t see why these question is asked anymore myself

Itā€™s pretty obvious from all the responses here overwhelmingly Enchanter over bard is what most would say.
Bards Seloā€™s is overrated in todayā€™s game with all the guild hall clickies and portals added to the game? Really we have Easy Find and it just takes you to the zone you choose.
Selos was great back in the day but no one is taking all day to get anywhere these days.
Easy Find or guild hall portals get you anywhere you want to be in few clicks anytime you want to be there.
Now with an Enchanter your getting haste mind crack CC and Auroas . Donā€™t see why these question is asked anymore myself

I think people are saying it because caster groups. BUT the reality is each is one better than bard one a single hard burn. Otherwise for many other minutes, bard blows it out of the water. So if you are going after a single target burn like ZLandi back in the day. yes each wins. But otherwise it absolutely doesn't purely on the numbers.

Now do we need to pick purely off the numbers? No.

I put it this wayā€¦..
Current content LS everything group content.
Every named ,every mission I have done without a bard. Most mobs take less than what 20 seconds Most named your not even going to break a sweat on so where is the upside to this bard you speak of that I canā€™t live without?
SK CLR Ench Mage Rouge Ranger maybe swap one out for a Beast here and there,but never ever have I said who ā€œlet me load a bard up.ā€
This is current content now mobs hit the hardest got the most hit points etc.
So I will leave this thread with this last comment.
Itā€™s not my cup of tea not my class, never saw the need for playing one over an Enchanter.
This argument has been around forever and ever
And itā€™s always the same answer for meā€¦..
I donā€™t need a bard but you play how you want.

The way I play, the Enchanter would suck for me. I have both classes.
I run a lot and when I am on the move I hit one button, while I am running (not standing), I pause the group and bard Invis no other class can do that on the move.
I do not need to load a stupid mount for run speed, its built into the Bard. My bard is raid geared so he not dying so easy, he an easy 800k plus hp raid buff.

For me Bard > Enchanter not even close.

@whytdrumer I do tank/brd/enc/cler on almost every group with 2 dps of whatever flavor and they melt shit and rarely dieā€¦

Now are there faster dps optionsā€¦sureā€¦saferā€¦maybeā€¦but this has worked for 2+ years. Works for missions, grind/group shit, even basic raidsā€¦

You gotta really screw something up to have that setup fail. I use mq2enc and @Sic kissassist and they pown everything.

@whytdrumer I do tank/brd/enc/cler on almost every group with 2 dps of whatever flavor and they melt shit and rarely dieā€¦

Now are there faster dps optionsā€¦sureā€¦saferā€¦maybeā€¦but this has worked for 2+ years. Works for missions, grind/group shit, even basic raidsā€¦

You gotta really screw something up to have that setup fail. I use mq2enc and @Sic kissassist and they pown everything.
ooooo that's an interesting combo. I might have to try that one out. Thanks for the idea.

Question - Bard vs Ench

Users who are viewing this thread

• C
Back