• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Bard Tank (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,363¢
So if you saw my previous post called LFG you will know what let me to do this. I have activated 4 more accounts and will be making my full box crew. With that said I don't want to have to level up a tank on the new 4 accounts and was wondering how feasible it would be to use a bard to tank for the 4 accounts until level 65 when I can start adding some of my older tanks to take over? I have very little exp playing a bard. My brother told me I need one for the box group because it makes life so much easier with dps and movement.

If any of the accounts you are leveling are gold, Journeyman 1 tank mercs are incredibly powerful until the upper 50's lower 60's. Since it sounds like you are only leveling 4 accounts up to the higher leveled characters, you will have 2 slots available for mercs. That's the route I would recommend in that scenario.

Just leveling into the 60's, you can get by with a lot of different things. My brother just moloed a silver bard into the 60's with a crap A2 healer merc, so it can definitely get there eventually with bard tanking. Depending on what your box crew is, you'll be able to accomplish a lot with really weird setups, you just may have to go about things a little different than normal.

Echoing what others have said, you can get a journeyman tank merc with any healer merc and AFK yourself to the 70s on the back of the tank merc's aggro, tanking, and damage output (better than melee mercs at lower levels).

giphy.gif

A real tank.

giphy.gif

A bard tank.

I recommend a tank merc if you got the room for it. Until your other toons get caught up to your older tank. Bards are bad at holding aggro and mobs will be pulled off them by others in the group.

Tank merc's are crazy even at higher levels. me and my friends still use them in the 90s because our warrior isnt geared enough to tank :(

Discussion - Bard Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back