• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

BANNED Goodbye EQ (1 Viewer)

ounvme

RedCents
The GM's seem to be on a banning rampage latley. I've had both of my acounts on Saryrn banned as well as a few guildies. I was permabanned for warping. First offence no warning suspension no e-mail or anything...banned. I e-mailed a CSR and he pretty much said no chance to get it back ever. Weird thing was I was never /kicked they left me logged in and when I relogged I found out. I know it was cause someone /petitioned me but oh well. Sucks to not be able to play but atleast I can go out and drink on fridays insted of raids. So goodbye EQ.
Be safe...never know whose watchin.

Just joined today..

Drinking with buds on Fridays is good, yet I wake up without a hangover with a raid. +> Kindda discouraging.. oh dang.. better study turk's 'when and where not to use MQ'. (=/

Question: Is there any lucky ones who have not yet been "cought" by SoE since using MQ? And how long have you been using it?

well, the ONLY time i was caught was when i made a macro to kill the queen/king and fabled king/queen of chardok. had that running for quite some time before i was caught. other than fableds though, i haven't been caught for anything.

People will get caught 75% of the time because a player reports them and the other 25% of the time because they kept doing something that drew attention to them like using a shared bank slot for no trade item transfers. It really depends on what the GMs feel like watching and what kind of mood they're in.

Again, I do want to stress that before the bannings happened that started this specific thread that there WAS a warning on this players server in the Server MOTD that was subtle enough to imply that any sort of EULA violation would result in a negative reaction against the account. Two days later, this post is here. There are signs to watch for.

-TurkReno

I don't have an exact log, but it was there for like 3 days. Basically to the extent of: Welcome to EverQuest. This is a reminder that if you trade platinum, accounts, in-game items for real-life currency, please review our policies at HTTP:blah as it is not permitted.

No direct mention of "third-party programs", but it was just really messed up to me to log in and see an MOTD like that instead of the cheery "welcome to norrath!" line of BS.

-TurkReno

After reviewing what I just wrote, its a good chance that the people who were suspended or banned were grouped in the same group as "farmers" and that's why everyone got the e-mail that said that the usage of "third-party programs while farming" as we all know it leads to the downfall of the Bazaar's failing economy.

-TurkReno

I've not been caught as of yet. I have been running for a little over 2 years, with about 18 hours of afk play time a day. Used to run bards 24/7 until a patch would boot me but my 3 box gets aa's faster then a bard these days. Been caught only once for a 21 day ban, was reported by a guy that i just did not get along with. Use warp (less these days), /zone (chain zoneing only once in a while) but mostly just a well oiled 3 box that kicks ass. The key is to not let MQ to make you a lazy player, for all its doing for you, you have plenty of time to do that /who or to put a gmchecker in your macro, or to take a quick look at the map to see if anyone is close.

BANNED Goodbye EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back