• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Ban question (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HouseOfX

RedCents
560¢
Is it worth attempting to inquire? My main account was banned back in 2016, during the cheap account key debacle. Bans were subsequently changes to warnings, including my account. I decided to check in today (25th anniversary), and the account is again banned. I haven't been on for almost 8 years. All of my other accounts are alive and well, no bans.

I ask whether I should inquire, as that might lead to them banning the rest of the accounts, should they review and decide to ban anything with my name associated.

Thoughts?

Is it worth attempting to inquire? My main account was banned back in 2016, during the cheap account key debacle. Bans were subsequently changes to warnings, including my account. I decided to check in today (25th anniversary), and the account is again banned. I haven't been on for almost 8 years. All of my other accounts are alive and well, no bans.

I ask whether I should inquire, as that might lead to them banning the rest of the accounts, should they review and decide to ban anything with my name associated.

Thoughts?
I would try. Make a new account and petition for the banned one. The likely would have no way to know any other accounts you have and if they say no, you're right where you are now.

What is it you want off the old account other than memories? All characters get all Veteran Rewards at level1 now. And can't think of much else.

I am a firm believer, based on my interactions, that they already know whose accounts are related. But I doubt they would bleed over the infraction from that one to your new ones. Its probably still banned because that was a huge issue and they really wanted to slap people on that one.

Silver accounts get the veteran rewards, but not the green level accounts.
In March 2020 -

In celebration of EverQuest's 21st anniversary we have made Veteran Reward abilities available to all players!
- - - The restrictions that limited the number of characters that can activate these abilities has been removed.
- - - The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.
- - - On progression servers, these abilities will continue to unlock starting

If you make a free level 1 you will immediately get them which is very handy for throne of heros.

I forgot lesson of the devoted, staunch/expedient recovery, throne of heroes, summoned vendors, chaotic jesters was veteran rewards. I was thinking of some of the other stuff that you'd miss out on with silver accounts under /claim. sorry about that.

I say yes, go ahead, my guess is they will give you a scold and ask you to say you will not use cheat software again. Be like Spanky, say you will not and then load up MQ and go to town. Like RedMonkey, I also believe that they likely know every account and they only do so much, they could likely ban all of us in one wave forever if really wanted to. I'm betting you will get your account, just say sorry.
Sorry Fireplace GIF by South Park
spanky GIF
<--------------------Spanky !

Thoughts?

I was able to get an account unbanned from way back in the day. (Probably banned in 2003 or so) Was a massive headache to try and track down all the required information, and when they unlocked it/ I finally did regain access to it, all the characters had been long deleted. Had some cool /claim rewards though on it.

EDIT: Important to note, I'm not sure if the characters were intentionally deleted by SOE back then, or if they were lost in any of the numerous merges that took place between servers; but spent an evening logging into every single server to try and find my original Ranger from back in the day and he was nowhere to be found.

I have had a few accounts banned. About 10 years ago, I was about to get some of them unbanned. I have tried more recently with accounts that was banned since I tried last and the new owners have never unbanned any of them. They are less forgiving I guess lol

As a follow-up from those wondering... This was the answer I received.

Justin "Woebot" C (Daybreak Games)
Apr 2, 2024, 1:18 PM PDT
Hello,

After reviewing your case it appears the account in question has been banned for violating our Terms of Service. We will be unable to release the account at this point.

Please be advised that a violation on one account may result in the termination of all accounts accessed by the same user.

We always regret when this type of action is necessary, and we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Lead GM Woebot

Kinda interesting, laying out the threat there of my other accounts being banned despite the fact that i just recently made those accounts and this ban happened like 10 years ago on this account i requested.

Seriously...talk about holding a grudge. You'd think they would have thoughts of gaining old players back and just saying please don't be bad again. Having people play again could bring in more money, as a happy customer may buy store items like armor ornament unlockers, illusion keyring, stuff for your house, etc.

Ask. I don't see any additional risk there. All they can say is "No". And I don't think additional investigation will be attempted. They do have limited staff and time as it is.

Additionally, see my signature for tips on reducing risk with MQ.

As a follow-up from those wondering... This was the answer I received.

Justin "Woebot" C (Daybreak Games)
Apr 2, 2024, 1:18 PM PDT
Hello,

After reviewing your case it appears the account in question has been banned for violating our Terms of Service. We will be unable to release the account at this point.

Please be advised that a violation on one account may result in the termination of all accounts accessed by the same user.

We always regret when this type of action is necessary, and we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Lead GM Woebot

Kinda interesting, laying out the threat there of my other accounts being banned despite the fact that i just recently made those accounts and this ban happened like 10 years ago on this account i requested.
Thanks for the follow up. I wonder if its just an individual GM feeling from moment to moment, or one is just a automatically 'I don;t like cheaters, NO' thing. Maybe Woebot Justin read my Spanky comment in the thread above. I bet he lurks here. Kudos for trying. Now I'm curious if its just you got someone on a grumpy day. The comment about a potential threat for all other accounts is crazy. 10 YEARS!! My gosh.

Thanks for the follow up. I wonder if its just an individual GM feeling from moment to moment, or one is just a automatically 'I don;t like cheaters, NO' thing. Maybe Woebot Justin read my Spanky comment in the thread above. I bet he lurks here. Kudos for trying. Now I'm curious if its just you got someone on a grumpy day. The comment about a potential threat for all other accounts is crazy. 10 YEARS!! My gosh.
So you don't believe him when he says he "wishes you luck in your future endeavors? Like making new future accounts? ;)

IRL - Ban question
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back