• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Automatic Targeting Mobs (1 Viewer)

jz05

RedCents
How will you automatically target and insert mobs name without typing it in your spam message?
For example: A <<< >>>is slowed.
I get tired of always typing or saving mobs name in action tabs. When i go to new zones I will redo it again.

when you set up your hotkey use %t to automatically insert the target's name.
Example: "Incoming <<< %t >>>!"
make sure you put a space between < and %t and >.
That way anything you have targeted, when you hit the incoming hotbutton, it will insert the name for you everytime. No more having to save buttons with names in them already.

How about changing the color of the targeted name mobs that was inserted automatically in the message? Ex: Incomming <<< %t >>>.
%t = pink color

Or if you use MQ2 you could get the MQ2Fakelink plugin and change your button to
Rich (BB code):
/fake /gsay A <<<[[%t]]>>> is slowed
I'll post a compiled MQ2Fakelink if anyone wants it....

moorthon said:
Cade said:
Or if you use MQ2 you could get the MQ2Fakelink plugin and change your button to

Rich (BB code):
/fake /gsay A <<<[[%t]]>>> is slowed

I'll post a compiled MQ2Fakelink if anyone wants it....
I want it!

Attached. You can make both working and nonworking links with it. Example useage:

Rich (BB code):
/fake /tell soandso [[blah]]
This would send a fake nonworking link labeled "blah" to soandso

Rich (BB code):
/fake /gsay <<Fire Beetle Eye>> [[stfu]]
Would send a link to a fire beetle eye with the text "stfu" to your group

Note: If you want to create a working like with different text link in example #2, inside the <<'s has to be the actual link, not just the name of the item (MQ2LinkDB is nice for getting the links, also attached)

Automatic Targeting Mobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back