• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Autologin is looping me back to server select (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Hi, just now decided to return to RedGuides after a long break. Having the darnedest thing happen when trying to use autologin feature. I've set the profile correctly. It gets me all the way to the server loading screen but when it finishes, it will go back to the server select screen. Looping there eternally.

I'm using the Emu branch and have manually entered the server short name thusly:

[Servers] lazaruseq=[] Project Lazarus

My profiles all begin withlazaruseq: in the [main] section and the character names have been quadruple checked at this point.

[Settings] UseMQ2Login=1

and in MacroQuest.ini

[Plugins] mq2autologin=1

I'm very tired and have probably overlooked something trivial. So if you could just bonk me on the head and send me in the right direction I'd be much obliged.

Solution
brainiac said:
If it doesn't select the server then the long name is incorrect.

if it backs out of character select then the short name is incorrect.

then of course, make sure the profile correctly links to the proper shortname.

Check your eqhost.txt file in your EverQuest folder. Are you using login.projecteq.net or login.eqemulator.net?

Once you find out, head back to your MQ2AutoLogin.ini and make the following changes to your [Servers] block:

If eqemulator:

INI:
[Servers]
Project Lazarus=[] Project Lazarus

if projecteq:

INI:
[Servers]
Project Lazarus=Project Lazarus

You then set it up through the GUI as normal, making sure you enter "project lazarus" for server:

1666932971851.png

detailed info...
brainiac said:
If it doesn't select the server then the long name is incorrect.

if it backs out of character select then the short name is incorrect.

then of course, make sure the profile correctly links to the proper shortname.

Check your eqhost.txt file in your EverQuest folder. Are you using login.projecteq.net or login.eqemulator.net?

Once you find out, head back to your MQ2AutoLogin.ini and make the following changes to your [Servers] block:

If eqemulator:

INI:
[Servers]
Project Lazarus=[] Project Lazarus

if projecteq:

INI:
[Servers]
Project Lazarus=Project Lazarus

You then set it up through the GUI as normal, making sure you enter "project lazarus" for server:

1666932971851.png

detailed info:

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Problem - Autologin is looping me back to server select

Users who are viewing this thread

Back