• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

autoforage problems (1 Viewer)

morganjo

RedCents
I finally got the mq2 autoforage working on my druid and its the bomb I am loing it. My problem is if i logg over to my iksar monk who can also forage and try to autoforage nothing happens both are on the same account and the mq2 window comes up on monk but when i type /startforage the monk wont forage so far i have only tried to use it in PC i can manually hit the forage button and he will forage but he wont autoforage what am i doing wrong?

yes my forage is #2 on my hot keys it was 37 but I moved it to the same spot as my druid still wont work when i type /startforage i get the message forage enabled does that mean anything? or do I need a base skill of a certain number first like forage skill of 50 or something?

sorry should have read used to be #7 not 37 but yes it is on my active hotkeys and i am able to forage indoors if I hit the button maually but no9t if i try /startforage. Since I had logged off my druid who was autoforaging and the logged to monk and saw it didnt work when i typed/startforage i thought maybe it was because the skill was already in use on last toon so I tried /stopforage adn then /startforage that didnt work from there i tried the /plugin thinking maybe i had to do the plugin for each toon i wanted to use it and again typed /startforage and again to no luck all it says is forage is active but the toon wont forage where did i screw up this simple command?

I also have forgae on my bard and it is in an active hotkey slot as well but when i tried to autoforage with him i again got the message auto-forage enabled but he wasnt auto foraging

ok I did a /plugin mq2melee and it loaded but uhhh noob question coming up ...What does it do?
tried the /plugin mq2 cursor and was told it couldnt load that one prolly dont have that macro downloaded and untill i get this subscription thing fixed i cant download anything else

How did you get the forage button onto your hotbutton bar? There are 2 methods. One is by opening your Inventory window and clicking the Skills button, hightlighting the forage skill, and making the hotbutton. That method will not work for MQ2Autoforage.

What you need to do is hold the "Control" button and press the letter "O". That will open the Action window tab where you need to select Forage on one of the buttons. That will allow you to use MQ2Autoforage.

When you first started EQ, you probably used your druid and the second method I stated of making the forage button. The first method I stated is a fairly newer change Sony made to give easier/more access to skills like kick/bash/forage/hide and so on. The second method I stated was the ONLY way to get a forage button for a long time.

LOL been so long since i made the druid your probably right the same way you had to make an autofire button i guess with a simplest version of writing a i gueass you could call it a baby macro

morganjo said:
ok I did a /plugin mq2melee and it loaded but uhhh noob question coming up ...What does it do?
A lot of things. Roughly outlined: It automates a many things during combat, as well as some skills out of combat.
You could for example make it automatically stop attacking when your target enrages and you in front of it.
It could be set to automatically backstab when backstab is ready and you're within a set angle from the back Should be set to 45 to only backstab from behind, ie: "/melee backstab=45" would make make it use backstab, if within 45 degrees (clockwise or counterclockwise) from the targets back.
Best way to learn it all is to read the Wiki entry for it.
In this case it would be the command "/melee forage=on" to turn autoforaging on, and "/melee forage=off" to turn it off. Ofcourse, before anything will work from MQ2Melee, you'll need to enable the plugin like this: "/melee plugin=on".

morganjo said:
tried the /plugin mq2 cursor and was told it couldnt load that one prolly dont have that macro downloaded and untill i get this subscription thing fixed i cant download anything else
The only way you can even read and post in this Questions & Requests forum is by having an active Redguides: EQ1 subscription, so I don't know what shouldn't be fixed?

Anyway, it's not "/plugin mq2 cursor", it's "/plugin mq2cursor".

MQ2Cursor handles whatever you're holding on your cursor. By "handles" I mean, it autoinventories or destroys/drops it, depending on what rules you have set up. There's another thread only a few days old asking for Autoforage where I already answered all these questions ;)

ok on the subscription issue I have found the reason it said i didnt have a subscription was because the link i was hitting was not taking me to another thread here it was taking me to macroquest web site wich at the time no i didn't have a subscription that problem has been fixed and the auto forage issue from this thread is currently being worked thanks to all the patient people who are helping me and to the one that shot the anon flame through the red cent I am not sure that is what the red cents were ment for but hey I got a red cent now so thanks

Red Cents is mostly used to show your appreciation of the work made by others (approvals), or to show people that you found their posts a complete waste of your and everyones elses time (flames are a good example) (disapprove).

It is also used as a sort of "Karma" tracking, to show other people that you've done good in the past, or done bad in the past.

And last, and certainly not least, it is used to track contributions for the monthly award show :) A post that has recieved a lot of red cents are usually sure to end up on the monthly list of top contributers, which will then be voted on for a reward :)

morganjo said:
I also have forgae on my bard and it is in an active hotkey slot as well but when i tried to autoforage with him i again got the message auto-forage enabled but he wasnt auto foraging
ok, the problem with autoforaging on bards is that the autoforage plugin will wait till you are not singing in order to forage. mainly because eq won't let you forage while singing or casting for that matter.

thank you siddin you have cleared up ome mystery now if only I could figure out what is going on with my monk an the auto forage I would be happy but I still have some leg work LOTS of threads to go through and several differrent things to try that i find in those threads before i post for help with him

autoforage problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back