• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Autobuff plugin (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
I recently switched over from mmobugs and am really glad I have. One thing that i miss terribly is the autobuff plugin that they have that is exclusive to that compile.

You could /tell sosando buffx

sosando would queue buffs up and cast in order received. It was a fantastic plugin that i used a great deal. I could /bcaa /tell wizard01 pok and he would cast TL on each toon as they requests came in. I could restrict requests to guild only and had capability to ignore any other toons.

The autobuff feature for raids was fantastic as well. /tell shaman2 dcure and disease cure would go out.

Any chance of something like this in plugin form in the future so that it is independent of running a macro?

So essentially just want a buff bot? I mean, I can see the logic in my brainz already. Except for the events part. Perhaps use the OnIncomingChat Plugin API bit to parse the information from the tell. With a Queue that holds the needed buffs and person to buff. That's more of a collection thing, which I haven't looked into with C++, though the idea isn't bad. You essentially just want a plugin that turns a player into a buff bot.

A macro that does it as mentioned previously already exists. I have a few projects going already so I'm not sure if I'll dive into the concept anytime soon, but pretty sure I could pull it off as a plugin.

The idea of a plugin over a macro is that you would want the player to always have access to the plugin, so that they can run it and a macro at the same time. So I'm searching for justification in a way. If you're essentially turning a toon into a buff bot and that would be all they did, then at what point would they need to be doing something else? If they are running a macro, what takes priority? Is there a way to determine who's turn it is communicating between a plugin and a macro? Interested in the concept, but don't want to reinvent the wheel.

But moving forward after I understand the justification. Would need to get more specifics for the requirements of the incoming tell. Wouldn't want just anyone to be able to send you a tell and get a buff.

Perhaps those could be toggles. GroupRequired, GuildRequired, etc. Where you could limit it to guild members or group members only?

I think you hit it with being able to run plugin and macro at the same time.

Say a toon dies I can just request the buffs i need from each class from 1 screen vs going to my druid, going to my shaman, going to my cleric, pausing KA loading said buff.

I would assume you would only use this out of combat. So no worries what has priority.

i could see the benefit. i run a tank and cleric in raids and someone will send a tell to my cleric asking for a buff. there should be an keyword ini so i could set up to match buffs to words in tells that could trigger /rt buffX that would be handy.

Well in MQ2Farm I've already sorted out not requiring rank specification for Discs, which are stored as spells in the functions I use. So
Soandso tells you, Temperance etc etc etc whatever yadada.

It would be received OnIncomingChat, where incoming color to look for is,
C++:
case 257://Color: 257 - Other /tell's you
which specifically only grabs incoming tells. Then I could parse the line to get the senders name, which could then verify they are in your group....not sure how to handle guild only. I'm sure there's access to that information, just haven't used it yet. Then get the spell. It would need to be a pretty specific way of sending the tell so that the information can be parsed. Then I just check that character's spell book for the spell and get their highest rank of it, verify subscription status, and ensure it's memorized (not in that order persay), once I verify it, can throw the toon requesting the buff into a queue, then OnPulse check the queue, and if it has anything in it, verify it's valid and target the person in question (checking their distance to be close enough to receive the buff) and then cast it?

Seems pretty straight forward, but my limited knowledge would likely find something to get stuck on trying to make it.

things for something like this that I don't know.

How to get the toon to memorize a spell.
How to use queues, could always use a vector, but then it would be in reverse order I think, which would be opposite of what I want. Unless I can figure out how to remove stuff from the front of the vector instead of the back.
I'd have to write something to parse the information from the tell, and develop a method of determining how the tell needs to be laid out a bit more specifically.
Perhaps add a list somewhere of people that can use the buff bot without a requirement such as group or guild. IE: your boxes not in group/guild.

Yeah, I had issues with the vector's because I didn't really understand why it needed the iterator instead of just letting me use an integer for the index location, but I suppose it makes sense that vector.begin() iterator would work fine for the first one. I wouldn't need to add or subtract anything.

Last edited:
Well, I try not to depend on other things if I can avoid it. Having the option for it to be a stand alone would be better when possible. I haven't started looking at starting this yet. As I said I have a lot of things on my plate atm. As I clear them off I'll try to get around to looking into making this. Though, no promises on if that would be anytime soon.

did this concept ever go anywhere? i would love to have a plugin like this so i can set up guild buffbots and be able to run os macro at the same time for collecting mats...i have tried to work with some macros for my buff toons but they all seem to be hit or miss ...i have one of each buff toon and one of each porter <i havent added a necro yet for summons> but would really like to see if this was ever completed ....i havent been able to find it by searching....thanks for any help <i can be msged on discord if you have any info for me nila/steviee or kyebear>

Request - Autobuff plugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back