• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Augging it up! (1 Viewer)

Twinkeltoes

RedCents
698¢
So I've gotten my cloaks for my crew and I was looking for information on what augs to use for them. I searched and basically found a bunch of information on Type 5 augs which general consensuses is if it swings stack hDex, if it casts hSta.
My question now turns to how to search for type 7/8 and 18/19 augs? I'm trying to use raidloot.com and was wondering what to sort by. For Tanks are we still just sorting by AC and the other stats fall where they will? Make up the hDex on the type 5's? What about caster, priests, melees. Can it be as simple as sort by a stat and go farm the top 19-20 augs for each toon?

Personally, I find it easier to just go by expansion. Since ToV, every expansion has the same 4,5,7,8 augs, but with slightly better stats than the previous expansion and different names.

The lists on Alla and EQResources will show what the stats are. For example, here are the 7/8 augs from NoS: https://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?searchid=412207.

Once you start looking at the lists from a couple expansions, you'll recognize the pattern. You can see there aren't enough augs from a single expansion to fill all slots, so you'll mix and match from a couple expansions.

There are some exceptions like NoS doesn't seem to have a shield AC aug, so you're going back to ToL for that.

18/19 augs are a little different. They don't come out every expansion (but there are new ones with NoS). There are also some 18/19 augs from TBL with unique effects that you may or may not be interested in. I find that Alla has the best lists of 18/19 augs and it shows you how to craft the crafted ones. Here are the ones from TBL: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:The_Burning_Lands_Augments and NoS: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Night_of_Shadows_Augments.

Raidloot isn't as useful to me at the high level because there are so few items to choose from.

Personally, I find it easier to just go by expansion. Since ToV, every expansion has the same 4,5,7,8 augs, but with slightly better stats than the previous expansion and different names.

The lists on Alla and EQResources will show what the stats are. For example, here are the 7/8 augs from NoS: https://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?searchid=412207.

Once you start looking at the lists from a couple expansions, you'll recognize the pattern. You can see there aren't enough augs from a single expansion to fill all slots, so you'll mix and match from a couple expansions.

There are some exceptions like NoS doesn't seem to have a shield AC aug, so you're going back to ToL for that.

18/19 augs are a little different. They don't come out every expansion (but there are new ones with NoS). There are also some 18/19 augs from TBL with unique effects that you may or may not be interested in. I find that Alla has the best lists of 18/19 augs and it shows you how to craft the crafted ones. Here are the ones from TBL: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:The_Burning_Lands_Augments and NoS: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Night_of_Shadows_Augments.

Raidloot isn't as useful to me at the high level because there are so few items to choose from.
I appreciate the feedback. But I'm not trying to find out what augs are out there in general. I am more looking for what stats to focus on for each archetype (Tank, Priest, Casters, Melee) It seems to be beaten to death on type 5 augs. But with more than just heroics on Type 7/8's the decision gets more complicated.

Because of the lore groups, there are only 9 usable 7/8 augs in each modern expansion. There's no decision to make. You just get all of them from last two expansion that you have access to.

I skip the "of brilliance" line entirely and get everyone the other 9.

I appreciate the feedback. But I'm not trying to find out what augs are out there in general. I am more looking for what stats to focus on for each archetype (Tank, Priest, Casters, Melee) It seems to be beaten to death on type 5 augs. But with more than just heroics on Type 7/8's the decision gets more complicated.
Tanks: 1hDex=4AC=40HP for 7,8 augs. hDex for type 5's.
Melee: hDex
Everyone else: hSta

for the 7/8 augs i do

casteres - I get the ones with highest spell damage
tanks - I go all highest ac - then heroic dex
melee - heroic dex
priests - heal amount / ac

Tanks: 1hDex=4AC=40HP for 7,8 augs. hDex for type 5's.
Melee: hDex
Everyone else: hSta
I was under the impression that heroics work in thresh holds multiples of 10 not increases for each single hDex.
looking at raidloot.com it says the same thing you're saying. I'll have to crunch some numbers now /sigh, thanks for the input

Last edited:
If you’re FTP check out TBM. Using faded waxing TOL yier 1 group drop with tbm augs you can get to 2500ish hdex with 5’s and 7’s. There’s also a few non-prestige in cotf (gribbles) vendor…

Depend on the team. If the tank is good at fetching and keeping aggro, I would go for hwis and heal amount for priests, hint and damage for caster, hdex for melee. Otherwise hsta is maybe of higher value.
As I have a shd as tank, I go this route, I trust my tank ;)
Since last patch, raidtrash mobs drop also the new luck-augs.

Depend on the team. If the tank is good at fetching and keeping aggro, I would go for hwis and heal amount for priests, hint and damage for caster, hdex for melee. Otherwise hsta is maybe of higher value.
As I have a shd as tank, I go this route, I trust my tank ;)
Since last patch, raidtrash mobs drop also the new luck-augs.
Depends what your intended use of said tank is…if its fun, group, farm…hdex no question…if its raid i’d go hsta, hdex or hagi as secondary attribute…just my two redcents

And if you are FTP, don't forget about the new Solus' magician-summoned augs. They are upgrades for the old Tavon's with 80AC. They are not lore, and each type fits in two slots (head/shoulders and legs/feet). They are not currently listed on raidloot.com. There is also a 50AC one for secondary slot.

True. But if only filling out a single evolving item (say, the new cloak) there are new type 18/19 recipes for NoS that do not require the ToV earring progression.
Awesome to know! I haven't ventured into NoS at all. Now I will have to look at those as I am actually doing 2 earrings and TBL boots/gloves just for grins. Thanks!

Even if you don't raid there are a lot of AOE mechanics in the group game that hsta would be useful regarding casters. If you're dead you can't damage anything.

For pretty much my tanks and melee toons, I use the following sorted list on raidloot.com for type 7/8 augs:

1674481630184.png

For Type 5s, I tend to do a mix of hDex and hAGI for my tank, and go all hDex on my melee dps.

For casters, I focus on highest HP and hSTA for type 7/8 augs and go all hSTA on type 5s.

1674481760552.png

Question - Augging it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back