• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Aug question for Zerker (1 Viewer)

RedCents
550¢
Currently sitting at 3367 Dex on my zerker. Is it better to use the +3 dmg (type 5) aug as in the picture below or replace it with a +80 hDex (Seaglass Curio) aug?

1635173917370.png

I can't answer your question directly, but if you flip to your character's Stats page you can hover your mouse over the Heroic Mods and it will tell you where you'll get another bump based on a specific Heroic modification. If 80 more Dex will bump your Accuracy and Combat Effects then it's probably worth a try!

More hDex. Those +dam augs are AFTER everything else, iirc … so instead of hitting for 111,394 you hit for 111,397. Fuck that. hDex is the gift that keeps on give’n!

I can't answer your question directly, but if you flip to your character's Stats page you can hover your mouse over the Heroic Mods and it will tell you where you'll get another bump based on a specific Heroic modification. If 80 more Dex will bump your Accuracy and Combat Effects then it's probably worth a try!
Didn't know that either. Thx a lot for that info @B_I_G__D_A_D_D_Y

@Sum1 I think the number is closer to 2800. I could be wrong though…

He said in the first post that his dex was 3367, which I get now is probably his actual dex number and not his hDex. I thought he was getting his hDex up to there with buffs and trophies. Either way, hDex is the answer to all questions related to zerker dps.

More hDex. Those +dam augs are AFTER everything else, iirc … so instead of hitting for 111,394 you hit for 111,397. Fuck that. hDex is the gift that keeps on give’n!
Pure DMG augs are considered weapon damage and are added in at the start, a 100 dmg weapon and a 90+10 weapon damage will do the same DPS if they are the same delay.

12 DMG weapons, no buffs and no gear.Same 12 dmg weapon with a +8 dmg aug.

These are from a parse I did on my ranger, same basic 12 damage weapon was used. Ranger had no gear and no buffs except for celerity for both parses numbers in the red section are the slashing numbers. Do not discount pure dmg augs a +15 is about the same as getting a weapon from a zone 1 or 2 tiers higher.

Pure DMG augs are considered weapon damage and are added in at the start, a 100 dmg weapon and a 90+10 weapon damage will do the same DPS if they are the same delay.

View attachment 34869View attachment 34870

These are from a parse I did on my ranger, same basic 12 damage weapon was used. Ranger had no gear and no buffs except for celerity for both parses numbers in the red section are the slashing numbers. Do not discount pure dmg augs a +15 is about the same as getting a weapon from a zone 1 or 2 tiers higher.
You're talking about the type 4 variety damage augs. IDK of any type 5 aug that is going to get +15 weapon dmg on it. The +3 dmg aug that the OP linked (Black Diamond) is *not great* IMO. I'd personally rather have more hstats.

Last edited:
You're talking about the type 4 variety damage augs. IDK of any type 5 aug that is going to get +15 weapon dmg on it. The +3 dmg aug that the OP linked (Black Diamond) is *not great* IMO. I'd personally rather have more hstats.
Is it worth it? 3 damage, most likely unless a few more hstat will push you over a line that does more DPS. In the end you would need to parse to see if 3 dmg is worth it but my gut says yes for most classes and maybe for zerkers.

Is it worth it? 3 damage, most likely unless a few more hstat will push you over a line that does more DPS. In the end you would need to parse to see if 3 dmg is worth it but my gut says yes for most classes and maybe for zerkers.
the black diamond isn't worth it the way the damage is calculated.

the other ones that give you + base dmg and +bonus dmg are

Black Diamond does give base dmg, it works just like regular base dmg augs the only difference is that for it to work the delay has to be 30 minimum.

2 Hander with no Diamond.png2 Hander with Diamond.png
Base DMG is Base DMG regardless of aug type, like I said you would have to parse to see if it is worth it but that aug is considered normal weapon damage and is calculated right at the start just like all other dmg augs. Parses were again done with no gear or buffs just haste.

Question - Aug question for Zerker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back